Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unearned Badges

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I waked only 289 steps on Feb. 11. On Monday the 100,000 steps badge & all badges in between it and the 5,000 step badge suddenly appeared on my dashboard. Any way to get badges reset to correct ones?
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@cinderellam Welcome to the Fitbit Community! That is strange! Currently, there is no way to take off or delete the earned badges. The only way, for the moment, will be to create a new account and pair your tracker there. 

Thanks for your patience. Let me know how it goes! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

@cinderellam Welcome to the Fitbit Community! That is strange! Currently, there is no way to take off or delete the earned badges. The only way, for the moment, will be to create a new account and pair your tracker there. 

Thanks for your patience. Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
If I do that, will I lose all previous stats?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@cinderellam I hope you're doing well! Yes, opening a new account will make you start from scratch.  You can always delete extra steps and floors given, but badges will remain there for the moment. 

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
Guess I'll just ignore them since I don't want to lose all my info. Maybe sometime in the future tech will work on fixing the problem like they did for unearned lifetime badges in the past. Thanks for your help.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same happened to my wife. She got some badges that she didn't actually earn, which is very demotivating because she can't get them the proper way now. Please implement removing badges or at least instruct your tech support to be able to do it! Badges are a main motivational tool, but if you get them for free, what good are they?

Best Answer

This morning I posted my weight and now have "earned" badges for 45# of weight loss which would be wonderful except I have only lost 7#! I like to earn my badges not get them for not doing the work! There must be some way to fix this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I went on a trip to the NC mountains on Friday June 17.  This car ride resulted in a hill badge.  I live at sea level and went to an altitude of about 5500 feet.  Isn't there a better way to track the actual steps rather than the change in altitude?  

Best Answer

I'd also like a way to removed accidentally earned badges.  I mis-typed when entering my weight and went from 14 stone to 11, and earned a load of badges that I really have not earned.  it's really demotivating as I can't properly earn them now.  All because I mis-typed.  

Please look into fixing this issue.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kizeree Welcome to the Fitbit Community! The only badges you can actually erase are the weight badges. Go to https://www.fitbit.com/badges/all that link and you will be directed to your earned badges list. Scroll down to "Weight Badges" and hover your mouse over the badge you will like to erase. You will see a small trash can icon, click it. The badge will be removed afterwards. I left a picture below showing how that looks!

weight badge.png

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why can't we erase other badges than weight badges? It makes no sense to  take this flexibility away form the users, escpecially when it is your software in the first place that is registering badges accidentally!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Un4Seen Thanks for stopping by! I am aware of that issue. However, there is no option to remove unearned badges. There should be an option, but it is not possible for the moment. I recommend to vote for this request that I found on the Feature Request Board which is asking for the same to be implemented!

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not working! So Frustrating. Looking into using another tracker!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is why I stopped using FitBit! I asked for this fix 1.5 years ago. What did they do about it since then? Nothing! Just as with all other user requests. This whole FitBit community is a joke! Nothing ever gets implemented.

Best Answer

This is still a problem. I have badges up to 70000 steps. I've not gone past 35000 in a day. 

Surely we can reset or delete badges when the software has glitched and shown huge numbers for a few seconds? 

Best Answer
0 Votes