Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming changes to the Weight Tracking Page

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

2/10/2018

Please see this post for additional updates based on user feedback.

--

1/3/2018

Hi again! Just wanted to let you all know that the improvements to the Weight page is now live. Hope you like the new look! Smiley Happy

--

Hi everyone! We are excited to announce the launch of our updated website dashboard Weight Page, planned to go live in the coming year. This update will provide a great new aesthetic, interface improvements, and better alignment with the Fitbit app so that you have a consistent experience no matter where you are. 

In the updated interface, you'll now be able to edit any weight entry, rather than having to delete and recreate them to make changes. You'll also be able to set Weight Goals right from the dashboard, as well as clearly visualize weight entries on the graph using a new tool tip.

You might notice that weight badges are now found exclusively in the Badge Locker, to organize all your achievements in a single location. You'll find an easy link to your badges on the right side of the page.

Also note that you may occasionally see the weight tile on your dashboard differ from recent weigh-ins by a tiny amount (usually 0.1). Our team is aware of this, and working to resolve it in an upcoming release. Your Weight Page data should always be correct.

We will add some screenshots soon to aid in visualizing the change. We hope you enjoy the new look and features on the updated Weight Page! Please let us know if you have any questions about this feature or if we can help you get familiar with the changes.

Best Answer
262 REPLIES 262

Looking forward to the change!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hi Lena (or anyone)

Is there a way to revise the "lost since" date in the weight tracker?

I changed my weight loss goal and didn't realize that reset the

"lost since" date to the current date wiping out the record of progress

since starting

Best Answer

@1brogers - check out @MariamV's post here, it should help resolve your issue. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Thanks for the update, @LenaFit!   Looking forward to the changes!

Best Answer

Thank you for the update Lena,

I use the android mobile app (recent switched from Windows), but use the web dashboard to do most of my weight analysis, is this update adding the '% body fat' data and chart (that is already in mobile app) to the web dashboard?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will you now be able to manually change the end date to reach your weight loss goal? I am not able to benefit from the calories in and out section because I manually put in my daily calories so they automatically won't let me use this feature. So any calories I burn with exercise are not counted toward my calories.

The reason why I must do it this way is because I want to lose 2 lbs by spring putting me at 110 lbs. If I choose one of the fitbit plans, the easy plan, it has me losing the weight by January at a loss of .5 pounds a week, however it makes my daily calories at way too low. 1,000 calories a day which frankly isn't even healthy. I was using another app previously (not associated with fibit) and this app was so much better. It allowed me to change my end date goal which I put in as May 2018 at a loss of .2 calories a week and eating 1500 calories a day. Much slower weight loss, but I don't have to starve myself in the process. 

So will the changes allow us to change our weight loss end date? (If you're able to change it now, I can't find where.)

Best Answer

do you know if I can change the Macro's in my new Charger 2 that I just got for Christmas?? I need 10% carbs, 45% fat and protein. 

Best Answer

I can no longer view my full weight history since 2014.

This tile on the Dashboard website is the primary reason I stick with FitBit and have not gone to Apple Watch. I love the data and the website. Now it appears to be crappy like others. How do I get the old views back?

1. I cannot see the horizontal bars any longer that used to show your objectives.

2. The graph no longer shows the time of the weight event.

3. I use my FULL history for motivation and cannot get it any longer.

4. When manually entering the date range it tells me the range must be between 7 days and 2 years.  That is not true either.  The range is limited to 2 years minus one day.  1/1/2016-12/31/2017 fails but 1/1/2016-12/30/2017 works.

5. This is a travesty and after using your products for almost 4 years and giving them frequently as gifts and even convincing my company to provide FitBits as rewards for Healthy Living, I guess it is time to find a new product.

6. Also, the trend lines are gone and these are most useful for overall tracking and need to be restored.

7. All numbers are now rounded and the granularity is no longer on the graph.

8. I cannot extract all my data so I can put in my own Excel chart since FitBit won't provide this any longer but I can only extract 30 days at a time.  That's 48 downloads that then have to be manually merged into a single spreadsheet before I can graph.  Why can't I specify a full range?

9. All tooltips (hoover over a date on a graph) no longer show the date when hoovering.  Restore this as well.

10. Give us an option to revert back to the old Weight tile that provides most customers what they need and want.

11. Add back the horizontal axis lines.  It is difficulty to see where a weight line falls making the view useless as well.

The strength of your OLD Dashboard kept me buying FitBits (7) over the past four years but now that reason no longer exists.  Might as well find a new product where the customer experience counts unless this gets fixed very very soon.

Best Answer

Who designed this new "feature"?!

The others have pointed out how not being able to see beyond 2 years is useless. I started my weight loss / healthy living journey in 2013 and it's amazing to be able to track my progress since then. Why limit our data?

Another thing - I really liked the trend line. As I'm sure you're well aware, weight fluctuates constantly throughout the month, but if you measure consistently, you'll see a downward trend. I find myself zigzagging a lot throughout the month, but seeing the trend line steadily slope downward is such motivation. Now I don't have that anymore. I also can't see my goal weight (which is significantly lower than my current weight), so it just looks like.... I don't have a goal.

The design looks great, but please - give us back our data, and please re-implement the trend line.

Best Answer

Heyo,

Loving the way the new dashboard looks and the new features added are sweet. However, a few things were lost along the way as well. The graph for weight is a lot more limited now.

It no longer lets you zoom out per say to the max so you can see long-term weight trends.  Even when you try to manually do it, you can only zoom out to two years max now.  

Another thing is the graph seems to be a lot more squished now. It no longer goes down to your goal weight just your actual weight tracked. This makes it a lot harder to see at a glance how you're doing.

Cheers.

Best Answer

I'm very disappointed in the new weight page.  I can no longer see my entire history, the weight "rounds" rather than showing the actual amount to one decimal point, the average weight for the month is no longer available, and the new chart is harder rather than easier to read.  I also noticed that the total lifetime miles and steps is no longer visible, as that was on the bottom of the weight page - and it did not "reappear" on the badge page.  This seems to be a huge step backwards and will not allow me to check/monitor my progress over an extended period of time. I'd prefer to have the old weight page back - with minor improvements.  As this will make it more difficult to monitor progress, and given the recent problems I've had with my Fitbits, I'll strongly consider using another product if these issues aren't addressed. 

Best Answer

Sorry, but the new graph is just awful. Can we get the option to revert back to the old one please?

Best Answer

Is the dashboard designed to focus only on the "new customers" having purchased the Ionic!?

Neat user interface but the absence of the horitontal lines (including for weigth target) ...and the rounding (to the kilo!) on the Y-axis, and "sampling" of the X-axis who does not display the detail anymore. This significantely degraded the value of the information the graph is meant to represent! 

But even worse, it is an astonishing regression of features for long-standing users who cannot view their full weight evolution history anymore. One of the main reasons for which users are fidel to fitbit is that their data was comprehensively reported over a long period of time! 

Recentely, fitbit had decided to abandon the One device. Now the dashboard can only display 1 year of data!? Let me constructively and factually express that this seems to indicate that fitbit marketing departement is not having a proper understanding of what serves FiutBit original user base. Morevoer, it also looks like marketing and engineering department don't talk much to each other about "what matters". Very disappointing.

Would it be possible to still provide a link to the old dashboard!?

Best Answer

I strongly dislike the new simplified weight page. A lot of information is missing.  Please bring back the old page or the functionality of the old page.

Best Answer

I joined the community specifically to give the feedback that I don't like the new page layout as well. I lost my "all" time chart. Luckily I started my journey almost two years ago but am about to head into my 3rd and have no way of seeing my progress over time. I show this to people to tell them they can achieve the same. I'm advertising your product and showing them how to use it, and you're taking away the features from it that I'm showing people. It doesn't seem like a positive move. Also, the BMI no longer shows the different zones, it just states where you are at when you hover over it. 

The trendlines do make progress more difficult to see and the graphs themselves are more difficult to read. 

I'm all for improving things, but this was a step in the wrong direction I'm afraid.

Best Answer

What ridiculpous crap!

Bring the old one back. The new one us completely useless.

Best Answer

The new graph's y-axis has changed for the worse. It used to be limited to a smaller range that made it easier to see the impact of weight changes. With the new graph, the increased range of the y-axis makes my weight look more like a flat line. Please revert back to the old graph. 

Like other users have said, it is extremely disappointing to lose years worth of data. Please add back the ability to see all of our weight data points that go back to our first weigh in. 

Please remove the rounding of weights. I want to see it out to a decimal point. 

Please add back the colored zones for BMI. 

If you want to change the look of a page, that's one thing. But why remove useful functionality??

Best Answer

The FitBit dashboard "quick view" has a fixed timespan of 1 month but is so much richer.

When clicking "see more", you can tune the timespan to a year (only!, not anymore the full view ;() but the visual and the rounding are such that the information you get is much much poorer!

Please roll back.

Best Answer

This morning I logged to see my progress after the holidays vs when I got my first Aria scale over 4 years ago, as I often do.

I am horrified to discover that all of my data from more than 2 years ago is either invisible or deleted. PLEASE don't do this. This is the reason I still use your product. If you aren't going to give a lifetime history anymore, you've negated my whole reason for staying with Fitbit. You're making it much more likely I will simply switch to another brand, something I had considered but wouldn't previously do since I would lose all of that history. Furthermore, I've lost the data that I had carefully built up in your system all these years with no apparent way to get it back.

Losing this weight was literally blood, sweat, and tears, and you have (had) the only detailed record of the journey! My plan was to proudly display that graph at some point (promoting Fitbit in the process) once I had fully achieved my goals. Please don't take that away from me. It's heartbreaking!

I can't tell you how disappointed I am with Fitbit right now.

Best Answer