Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming changes to the Weight Tracking Page

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

2/10/2018

Please see this post for additional updates based on user feedback.

--

1/3/2018

Hi again! Just wanted to let you all know that the improvements to the Weight page is now live. Hope you like the new look! Smiley Happy

--

Hi everyone! We are excited to announce the launch of our updated website dashboard Weight Page, planned to go live in the coming year. This update will provide a great new aesthetic, interface improvements, and better alignment with the Fitbit app so that you have a consistent experience no matter where you are. 

In the updated interface, you'll now be able to edit any weight entry, rather than having to delete and recreate them to make changes. You'll also be able to set Weight Goals right from the dashboard, as well as clearly visualize weight entries on the graph using a new tool tip.

You might notice that weight badges are now found exclusively in the Badge Locker, to organize all your achievements in a single location. You'll find an easy link to your badges on the right side of the page.

Also note that you may occasionally see the weight tile on your dashboard differ from recent weigh-ins by a tiny amount (usually 0.1). Our team is aware of this, and working to resolve it in an upcoming release. Your Weight Page data should always be correct.

We will add some screenshots soon to aid in visualizing the change. We hope you enjoy the new look and features on the updated Weight Page! Please let us know if you have any questions about this feature or if we can help you get familiar with the changes.

Best Answer
262 REPLIES 262

Not an improvement, much preferred the old chart.  As has been mentioned, but I'll repeat.

1 - Need ALL data not just 2 years.

2 - Need to be able to do away with the "averaging" and see actual data points, if desired

3 - Old chart was good to track changes in inputs via calorie changes in MFP, new graph destroys most of the ability to analyze graphically what is going on (went on)

Best Answer

The old weight page was just about what I wanted.  It would be helpful if you could re-install the old page with a link for those of us who prefer it.

Best Answer

The recent change to the log weight function seems to have resulted in graphs that no longer scale correctly. The y axis seems to be fixed (in my case between 2-24 st) irrespective of the time view (1 week, 30 days, 1 year or independently set). This means the view presents pretty much a straight line over any time period - fairly useless. Is this a known bug in the latest rollout?

Best Answer

Hi Lena, I didn't realise that the weight tracking page was going to change and if I had I would have extracted my past data.  I have been a fitbit user for 4 years and upgraded products over the years a number of times.  I am now a Ionic user.  Is there any way I can now extract past data? I have been using it to monitor a medical condition.  BTW, the page looks good.

Best Answer
Perhaps you could explain to users the rationale behind these very unwelcome changes.
It is infuriating to “invest” in a brand only to have “someone” decide to “improve” things.
Don’t “fix” what isn’t broken. I am travelling so haven’t seen the horror show but from the descriptions here it sounds as if most of not all of the features I wanted/needed/appreciated are gone. If that’s the case you won’t see me here again because (like others) without the familiar and useful dashboard with all of my history there will be no reason not to switch to a different product. I have long been a Garmin customer, marine, aviation, golf etc. and I’ll be looking at their product.
Word to Fitbit’s board, put the dashboard back the way it was before you lose THIS customer.

Sent via MCCC
Best Answer

This website was a part of my daily life and I LOVED it! My jaw hit the floor this morning as I logged in for an update after my New Year's travels to find this horrific eye-sore. This is awful. What a down-grade from the clear, visually appealing view we once had. I also need the ability to delete a weight entry as the scale will confuse my daughter and I so we need to stay on top of that. I don't want to spend time editing. Allow me to quickly hit a button to delete the entry. I'm so incredibly disappointed. We lost important features and were provided with something that isn't comfortable to even look at for more than a few seconds. Color over-kill. Fitbit, PLEASE create an option to convert to the old style.

Best Answer

I'm not liking the new graph at all.  I record my weight in 0.1 lb. increments and the new graph now rounds all the values to the nearest pound.  I'd like the old graph back please.

Best Answer

Maybe you guys need a new design team.  I don't know who decided to make this "improvement" but that person should be fired. You don't make "improvements" by REMOVING data!

I paid for an Aria scale in part because it allowed me to track my progress on your web site graph. I weigh myself multiple times per day so I can keep on track for my goal. Changing the graph to a single data point per day is a huge stumbling block that YOU have now created.

Some users may like the average per day. I have no problem with that choice. I DO have a problem with your implementation. If you want to display an average  per day weight, then you should ADD that option for your users. You should NOT remove the option of graphing every data point.

My history is now limited to 2 years! If you need more storage, contact Amazon, they sell storage space.

I called and was told that Fitbit made an "improvement to the web page"... Do you care about your users?? Removing data is is NOT an improvement and it's NOT a good business model when you have (or had) customers who use that data.

Best Answer

How can you possibly believe that removing data (by averaging the graph to one data point per day) is a good idea?

Most people don't take the time to complain, even when companies make obviously bad choices like this. I hope that you are listening Fitbit... When a small number of people complain, it's generally an indicator of a larger group of people.

You have made a mistake here. A dumb one. An obvious one. And hopefully a temporary one.

Best Answer

After 4 years of daily use, I lost my Fitbit One on NYE. I was planning to replace it, but I think now I won't bother. Every time you guys makeover a page, you remove functionality (happened with the re-designed weekly reports, the re-designed sleep page, and now the re-designed weight page). Do you think we are distracted by the "shiny" new interfaces and won't notice the removal of features we rely on?

I have previously loved Fitbit, given them as gifts, and been very positive in recommending it to others. I appreciate the help in losing my weight, but I'll be (tediously, 30 days at a time...) exporting my data now and leaving your system.

Best Answer

I suck at drinking water. Can we get a drink water reminder the same way we get a time to move reminder?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds like a good plan.  Does anyone from the FitBit team every post to this page?  Seems like a lot of silence.  I'll give them another week to respond otherwise this is a total waste of time if no one from the FitBit company cares about their users and possibly FORMER users.

Best Answer

I'd also suggest tweeting to @Fitbit and/or @Fitbitsupport 

Best Answer

I agree with everything you say. In particular i have now lost my full weight history  back to August 2013  and the graph shows only whole numbers (of kilos).  This loss of granularity significantly reduces the usefulness of the data   

Best Answer

So disappointed to see I can't view all-time data on one chart. 

And the goal weight dashed horizontal line is gone. 

Best Answer

I agree that I want the old view back!  I've used Fitbit since 2011 and now I can't see that full history and it was so important to be able to see those fluctuations over time.  I want full and accurate data available to me like it was before.  Either bring back the old style or give the user an option on which view they would like to use.

Best Answer

I agree with what has been said here, and am also heartbroken that the One is no longer made.  I did not want to go to a wristband tracker and now am being forced into that route if I stay with fitbit.  Why?  I bought a lot of the other style for myself and as gifts.  Bring back the One and the old weight dashboard!

Best Answer
I had contacted the support through Twitter and got the following reply:

Thanks for the screenshot and for your feedback. We're constantly striving
to improve Fitbit products and services, which sometimes results in
existing products changing. We appreciate your feedback and will do our
best to make sure this product is aligned with your interests.

...which probably means that there will be no U-turn except if there are
massive reactions.
Best Answer

@LenaFit  I am going to be blunt.  What were you people smoking when you came up with this improvement?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I posted onto their Facebook page (don't have twitter else I'd do that too) 

As many people as possible doing the same *might* help toward a reaction 

Best Answer