Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing projected calories burned for a given day.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

With the old dashboard, the projected calories appeared as part of the food log.  I don't see it anywhere now - is it viewable somewhere?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello again @daisydoodah

I'm going give it another shot.😃  Open your Fitbit app and tap your profile picture at upper left. Scroll down to Nutrition and Body Goals and tap that. Now look to the top of the screen...do you have a deficit set for yourself next to the word Food? If not add a deficit number (calories you want to cut each day) If you did have deficit number try to change it just a bit to toggle the app. My theory here is that if you don’t have an assigned deficit then it can’t predict calories left for the day. Want to try that?  

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Hello @Sue_O 

Open your Dashboard and look to the upper left side of your screen. Here you will see blocks/tiles near the upper left. Tap on those blocks/tiles and you will see “food plan” .....tap that and now food/calories will be displayed on your dashboard. Let me know if this solves your question.

😃

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately it does not help me. I have food tracking but it doesn’t show calories, or projected calories. But thank-you!
Best Answer

I was able to find it on the Fitbit App if your interested. I’ll just put how to find it here. Just disregard if your not interested. Open your Fitbit app and go to where your current challenges and completed challenges are displayed. Scroll through them and you will see your food log. ( if your food log is not there tap the word discover on the bottom left of your screen, then tap health & fitness stats and make sure food has a green check on it) Once you see your food log don’t tap the plus sign to the right but instead tap the center of the food log tile and at the top of the screen you will see calories in, calories out and projected. 

Best Answer

I only see calories in and out.  Nothing projected. Can you add a screenshot?

Best Answer
0 Votes

3179B031-B94F-47FD-9EC6-8CB049C7AE24.png

8B3F1683-D23B-403E-92FC-E2E680AF80FC.png

Hello @daisydoodah 

Did you follow my directions in my previous post? Here is a screenshot

Best Answer

@daisydoodah  As you can tell from the screenshot that I’m not someone who logs her food at any regular basis 🤣

Best Answer

😆😆😆

Thanks for that. I only have this, which is odd. Will have to try removing the app and reinstalling to see if that helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

fitbit.png

Best Answer

@daisydoodah 

Reinstalling the app is a great idea. I hope that works for you 😃 Please let me know

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner nope, still no good.  Tried twice and it's still the same. So annoying! I've no idea what to do now. 😣

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t think restarting your Fitbit would do any good since it seems to be more of an app issue. I’ll try to get you a moderator @daisydoodah 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner thank you. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Sue_O. Welcome to the Community Forums. @SunsetRunner and @daisydoodah, it's always great to see you here. I'm sorry for the delay.

@SunsetRunner, thank you so much for your great help and the heads up. You're awesome!

@Sue_O and @daisydoodah, thanks for bringing this to my attention and the steps that you've tried. I'm sorry that you're not able to see the calories left, and let's work on this together. To further investigate, may I know your phone's model and OS version? Also, if you've not done so please try the following steps:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log back in.
  5. Check your calories details one more time.

I'll be here, keep me posted!

Best Answer

Hi @LizzyFitbit 

Thanks for the tips. I’m on an iPhone 7 and the software is 100% up to date - iOS 12.4.1. 

Just followed all the steps and it’s still exactly the same. 😩

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @daisydoodah and @Sue_O 

I was thinking about you both last night and it occurred to me that this just might help:

Delete the Fitbit app cache and data in your phone app setting/manager and then restarted your phone. My theory is that fragments of the old app are dangling around and confusing the info on the new up date. I think it’s worth a shot. 😃 Let me know if that resolves your issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner @Sue_O 

Still nothing! Thanks for your perseverance though 😊😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @daisydoodah

I'm going give it another shot.😃  Open your Fitbit app and tap your profile picture at upper left. Scroll down to Nutrition and Body Goals and tap that. Now look to the top of the screen...do you have a deficit set for yourself next to the word Food? If not add a deficit number (calories you want to cut each day) If you did have deficit number try to change it just a bit to toggle the app. My theory here is that if you don’t have an assigned deficit then it can’t predict calories left for the day. Want to try that?  

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner 🙌🏻

You're a blooming genius! All sorted - never even knew this was a thing!

Box was empty so I popped the info in and hey presto, one happy Fitbitter! Thank you so much. xx 

Best Answer

I’m so excited @daisydoodah  that I was able to provide you with a solution to your issue! Im not sure I’m a blooming genius lol but a solution is outstanding 😃 Happy Stepping to you!

Best Answer