Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web site failure on MAC

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For some 10 days, on my old MAC, I get this message when I try to view my dashboard: "We are aware of an issue with our system, and working to get it resolved."  It's followed by a blue X.  I have to use other devices to access the dashboard.  It seems nothing is really "working to get it resolved!"   X"

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@DrDBB    Have you tried another browser, such as Firefox or Chrome?  Is this a display issue that happens only on Safari?

And this might make a difference -- are you using the most current operating system that your Mac will support?  Are you using the current version of Safari?  Fitbit is always "tweaking" the code.  Then all of a sudden, older versions of software don't support the new changes.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@DrDBB    Have you tried another browser, such as Firefox or Chrome?  Is this a display issue that happens only on Safari?

And this might make a difference -- are you using the most current operating system that your Mac will support?  Are you using the current version of Safari?  Fitbit is always "tweaking" the code.  Then all of a sudden, older versions of software don't support the new changes.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it's Safari. That's the only browser that works properly on my very old Mac Mini. I have tried to upgrade, but it won't take upgrades, either. I need a replacement computer, for sure..
Thanks for replying! Blessings, and God in your heart! ¡Dios en tu corazón!

Love like Jesus!
Improve conditions!
Fight for Justice!
Energetically Praise!

Moderator edit: removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DrDBB  I hope this will help you troubleshoot your problem.  If you put your cursor over Safari in the upper left, a menu will drop down.  Click on About Safari.  A dialog box will open and will tell you what version of Safari you have.  The current version is 10.1.2.

I think you will get a definitive answer by contacting Support  If you don't have the current version of Safari and cannot update to the current version, then they might tell you that your version just isn't supported any more.  Maybe you just discovered a new bug and they ARE actually trying to fix it.  Maybe not. 

In any case, I hope you have back up of all important files.  I looked to see how long Mac minis have been around.  I was using a 2008 iMac until this spring.  Was planning on replacing it as I had reached the limit of upgrades.  I was very lucky to have an external hard drive when it suddenly failed.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, LZW,
On your recommendation, I've plugged my external drive in. My version is 5.1.10, and it was used when I got it some years ago. The OS version says 2003-2013, but I got it well sometime between those years. It has never accepted an upgrade beyond this one, neither on line nor on a CD; so it has become a bit of an albatross. I haven't had the funds to replace it, but it's days are numbered.
It was a magnificent device at first, so much faster than the PC it replaced! And I loved its compact footprint. I might look for something similar to replace it with.

Blessings to you, and

Love like Jesus!
Improve conditions!
Fight for Justice!
Energetically Praise!

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

I accept this response, although it doesn't "resolve" my problem.  I basically need a NEW COMPUTER! 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes