Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Progress Report Calories In vs Out is missing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This week's weekly progress report is missing the "Calories In vs Out" section.    How can I get it back?   I use that value more than anything else on the report!

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Bump. I was kind of annoyed by this too. 

Best Answer

I just received my weekly progress report. It use to give me my calories in vs calories out, but it doesn't anymore. I've looked everywhere on my app and can't find that info. Can anyone tell me where it's found? thanks!

Best Answer

@Sinjac @Faelorn Hope you guys are having a great day! I totally agree with you, it's strange that the weekly progress report no longer has the calories in vs out section. I find that part very helpful too. I see the average daily calorie burn but not the calories in vs out tile in the report.

@Suzieq1974 Good to see you here in the Community! I went ahead and moved your post to this thread since it's with the same topic. On your Fitbit app Dashboard, look for the food tile with the fork and knife icon. Tap on that and it should show you the calories in vs out graph and more info will be shown below the graph.

I'll confirm why the Calories In vs Out part is missing and will let you know once I have updates. 🙂

Best Answer

I too would like to know why the in vs out has been removed from the report. This is one of the most important stats that I need to know. Surely you guys havent taken it out just so we have to purchase premium. I cannot believe that the writers would remove such an important piece of information from the report. I understand that the info can be sourced from the website and then calculated, but why should we have to. If we have to find our own info and calculate it, there is no need for the report at all. I am very disappointed in the Fitbit report writers and they need to wake up and take notice of what people want. There are plenty of other options out there, Fitbit is not the only one on the market. You are not doing yourselves any favours. Please fix this.

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer

Thanks for the swift reply. Hopefully the feature will be added back soon. 

Best Answer

Please fix this calorie count over/under omission from the weekly report. I'd also add in a monthly over/under too. I rely on the food and calorie feature to keep my weight in check. Please bring this back to the weekly report. Thank you

Best Answer

Would like to add my support to bringing calories in vs calories out back to the weekly progress report as well. That information was the only content of value to me in the report since it's not available anywhere else on the dashboard or in the app.

Best Answer

This is right up there with the PC Jr.,Microsoft Bob,and the Apple Newton.

What's referred to in the computer field as a 'Colossal Mistake' (or a 'Big F***up',whichever you prefer).

'Calories In vs Calories Out' is the end result of all the other info.What we have now is an equation

with nothing after the equal sign.This is indicative of:

-Programmers that don't use the product

-Management that doesn't use focus groups

C'mon guys - put it back!

Best Answer

Hello everyone! It's really great to see new names around the Forums, welcome @MattMK @momza!

We truly appreciate that you're taking the time out of your day to give us your feedback. Be sure that your comments are not going unnoticed.

In the meantime I'd suggest that you create a post in our Feature Suggestions board. There, other users can vote and comment on your suggestions to show their support for your idea.

Hope to see you all around the Forums! 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

This is rediculous! Why should we "suggest" something that was there ALREADY and Fitbit took it away! If the weekly calories in vs out is not fixed I will change to Garmin. 

Best Answer

Thanks for stepping into the Community @Steph09!

We truly appreciate that you took time out of your day to provide us with your feedback! Please know that it is not going unnoticed.

Hope you enjoy your time in the Forums!

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
To LanuzaFitbit Moderator: You send us round and round on your Merry-Go-Round Forum - to "Feature Suggestions" - to try to locate and comment on Calories In/Out no longer displayed in the Weekly Report. This is not helpful and wastes our time. Tell us the odds of putting it back in. That would be helpful.
Best Answer

Hello @momza!

Thank you very much for your comments on the matter. I located this Feature Suggestion post about bringing back the Calories in vs out. As mentioned above, you can vote for it or comment on it to show your support.

Whenever we have an update on the matter, we will be sure to let everyone know.

Thanks for joining the Forums! 

Best Answer

I was wondering the same thing as to why we should post in the suggested features section. Up until a few weeks ago we were getting this information so it's not a suggestion. It shouldn't be in the suggestion section.

Please bring it back!! I've stopped using my Fitbit this week because I can't get motivated to wear it without having this information. 

Best Answer
Hi, I have contacted Fitbit about this too and they told me to log the issue on this forum. The fact that the feature was there previously and has been removed and this forum reflects that it should be reinstated, causes me concern that the feature has disappeared for good. Please Fitbit, ask your community what features they want to retain before deciding which to remove.
Best Answer

Hello there @Suzieq1974 and @Kinderjail

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding the Calories In vs Out on the weekly report. Please do know that your comments are not going unnoticed. Having said that, I'd still suggest that you check the suggestion I mentioned previously and vote or comment for it to show your support.

Hope to see you around the Forums.

Best Answer

What the heck, Fitbit? This is the second thread I've read about this, and I agree with everyone else. The weekly calories in/out was the most helpful information from the weekly report. Why in the world would you take that out? Please put it back. At this point, my weekly reports are going directly to the trash because there's not a whole lot of useful information in them.

Posting here and on the "suggestions" forum as suggested below.

Best Answer
The reason that have taken it away is they want users to pay for premium.
This is obvious to me and shows that once Fitbit sucked enough into using the stats, that made it something you have to buy. Strange that management are not telling users the truth or even making some comment.
Best Answer
"Lanuza" and "Ems", the Fitbit Moderators on this Twilight Zone of a "Community Forum," have not commented again on the status of the Missing Calories In/Out Report that has been gone from the weekly report since the second week in December 2016. Many of us commenters get directed round and round in the various threads on this subject, when we want to post what we think is a legitimate complaint. Guess it's gone bye bye for good. Too bad. I now delete the Weekly Report from my email inbox without opening it. Calories In/Out was the only thing I was interested in seeing so I track the calories myself now. Most of us don't like something taken away from us that we are used to having. And Geeze Louise, get somebody to design a more organized Community where All of the comments on the same subject are listed together.
Best Answer