Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Report Showing the Wrong Loss/Gain Steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update - 02/28/18: Our engineering team has released a fix for the weekly report issue and you should see a more accurate depiction of your week-over-week step difference. Thanks for sticking it out and being very patient.

Please keep in mind that our system submits weekly report totals between Sunday night (11:59P) and early Monday morning. In order for our system to generate a complete week’s worth of data in a weekly report, the tracker must sync by Sunday night or early Monday morning to be included in the weekly report. Reports are sent out Mondays and continue through Tuesday of every week.

For those of you who reported the week-over-week step difference was off, let's wait for next week's weekly report to see if the accuracy is improved. I welcome you to continue providing any feedback regarding your experience. Thanks everyone!

Fitbit Update - 09/12/17: Hi everyone! Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. After looking at my own weekly report emails and speaking with our team, I can confirm that the loss/gain step data on Fitbit Weekly Reports has affected many if not all users. Rest assured that this issue is on our radar and our engineering team is currently investigating. When I hear something new, I'll be sure to update this thread to keep everyone in the loop. I appreciate your patience. Robot Happy

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 11.13.10 AM.png

Best Answer
174 REPLIES 174

Thanks for bringing this up. Can one of you post a screenshot of what you're seeing so that we can address it with our team?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here are my last 4 emails, all showing plus or minus 10,281 steps, although the totals make it very clear that figure is not right.

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 11.05.42 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-05 at 11.05.25 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-05 at 11.05.11 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-05 at 11.04.56 AM.png

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

@MatthewFitbit,

According to my records, this started on the report for the week of 7/10/2016. Reports earlier than that date appear to be correct.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

@janel Thanks for the screenshots, super helpful!

I did some digging and can confirm @WavyDavey's suspicion about the week over week discrepancy on weekly reports. After looking at my own weekly report emails, I can concur that this has been going on since about 7/10/17. I've escalated this to our engineering team and they will be looking into this. When I hear an update, I'll be sure to relay it in this thread. Robot Happy

Best Answer

Again this week, my FItbit email says my steps are down 10,281, even though they are not.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is also showing 10,281 more (or less) than last week, even when it's only ~800 more or less. So strange that we're all getting the exact same figure! And so frustrating! Has anyone heard back about it yet? Kind regards.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Carlos - thanks for picking this up. As @janel points out below yesterday's emails still had the fault. I assume it is taking a while to fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have just been looking through weekly feedback sheets. Regardless of what the figures for steps are it shows the same figures as being either up or down on the week.

Example 4 Sep to 10 Sep - total steps 95208 suggesting 10281 fewer than last week....

Yet last week 28 Aug to 3 Sep total steps was 98908 so difference is not 10281

Looking back the figures for change on week remains a constant at 10281

So they are incorrect

Anyone else get this?

Best Answer

Fitbit Update - 09/12/17: Hi everyone! I've merged several threads to this post to keep the topic organized in a single location.

I want to thank all of you for taking the time to report this issue. After looking at my own weekly report emails and speaking with our team, I can confirm that the loss/gain step data on Fitbit Weekly Reports has affected many if not all users. Rest assured that this issue is on our radar and our engineering team is currently investigating. When I hear something new, I'll be sure to update this thread to keep everyone in the loop. I appreciate your patience. Robot Happy

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 11.13.10 AM.png

Best Answer

Its interesting that my figures on the increase or decrease 10281 EXACTLY match those of mine which is probably unlikely. Suspect that Fitbit is working somehow on a threshold. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes! I've been getting the same +/- 10,281 steps every week since July.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly. My step total is correct; the +/- has been 10,281 since Jul. 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems July 3 is the day that 10,281 steps became the amount of steps that change every week.  Some weeks + some weeks - but the number never changes.  Hope to hear that this is resolved soon.

Best Answer

Several past messages from Fitbit staff say they are working on this. I'm hoping to see an improvement in tomorrow's statistics

Best Answer

Nope.. still not fixed this week.. I had "▼10,281 fewer than last week"... it's kind of comical.

Best Answer

Hi Carlos

Can you let us know when this problem will be fixed. You suggested it had been flagged on 12th of this month and figures still incorrect. It makes the weekly figures rather useless.

Thanks

Best Answer

Hard to imagine how much effort Fitbit is really putting into something that, to anyone with an IT background, sounds like needing to alter a single line of code that currently uses a constant and instead use a variable...

Best Answer

It certainly does look like they aren't putting any effort into fixing this at all, since 4 weeks later the weekly email is still showing 10,281 steps gain or loss, no matter what the truth is.

Best Answer

Frankly guys this isn't good enough. I reported this problem weeks ago and it was acknowledged and we were told it was being fixed. Last week I chased for an update and have heard absolutely nothing in reply. Statistics that Fitbit are providing are incorrect so what is the point of sending them out.

Added to this I now find that my FitbitOne which I bought in August 2016 now only lasts 3-4 days before battery needs recharging when it used to last 9-10. 

Its niggles like this that would put me off recommending or re-purchasing. 

Please let us know when you expect that stats to be fixed

Best Answer
How can it be difficult? Seems like just arithmetic. The weekly totals are
OK.
Best Answer