Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Report Showing the Wrong Loss/Gain Steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update - 02/28/18: Our engineering team has released a fix for the weekly report issue and you should see a more accurate depiction of your week-over-week step difference. Thanks for sticking it out and being very patient.

Please keep in mind that our system submits weekly report totals between Sunday night (11:59P) and early Monday morning. In order for our system to generate a complete week’s worth of data in a weekly report, the tracker must sync by Sunday night or early Monday morning to be included in the weekly report. Reports are sent out Mondays and continue through Tuesday of every week.

For those of you who reported the week-over-week step difference was off, let's wait for next week's weekly report to see if the accuracy is improved. I welcome you to continue providing any feedback regarding your experience. Thanks everyone!

Fitbit Update - 09/12/17: Hi everyone! Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. After looking at my own weekly report emails and speaking with our team, I can confirm that the loss/gain step data on Fitbit Weekly Reports has affected many if not all users. Rest assured that this issue is on our radar and our engineering team is currently investigating. When I hear something new, I'll be sure to update this thread to keep everyone in the loop. I appreciate your patience. Robot Happy

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 11.13.10 AM.png

Best Answer
174 REPLIES 174

I've had exactly the same problem for ages now.  It doesn't seem to sync correctly to the Weekly Progress Report and every single week it says I did 10,281 fewer than last week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So in THREE MONTHS, are you saying your programmers have not been able to sort this out?  Time to get new ones I reckon.

Best Answer

This is insanely ridiculous it's been over five months now. This should be simple to fix why is nothing being addressed? Can anyone find a direct customer support email? I am getting so irritated by this.

Best Answer
Hard to believe its the 21st century isn't  it!

Sent from Samsung tablet.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So presumably we are missing out on earning potential 'badges'.  I used to look forward to my Weekly Fitbit Progress Report as a motivator.  Lately I just trash it without even bothering to open it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was in my local shopping centre yesterday and, as I passed the shop where you can print things on T-Shirts, I wondered about some kind of 'badge' - maybe 'Fitbit Bad Maths Badge: +/-10,281 Steps for 25 Weeks'. Maybe I'll ask Santa for one.

Best Answer

@Kwyrky wrote:

...I passed the shop where you can print things on T-Shirts...

@Kwyrky - 

Too funny. 

Don't read my signature block - I really don't want to get into an involved discussion of why this is still happening.

But I will say that I, too, am concerned with the amount of time this bug has been around. Not because it affects me deeply, because it does not. I really don't care that much. 

It is just indicative of other issues in this area.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Carlos C and team,

yes, this is a relatively minor issue but many of us want accuracy in our Fitbit reports. The problem appears to be a simple mathematical algorithm, and I must admit it’s annoying to keep seeing this error week after week since early July.

May we get an update on Fitbit’s efforts to correct this obvious glitch? Thanks!

Best Answer

While this is not a major problem, the fact that it has not been corrected for several months speaks volumes about Fitbit’s commitment (or lack of) to its customers. How hard can this be?...

Best Answer
Agreed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been shorted on thousands of steps for months, wondering why this was still occurring.  It does matter to me because it's linked to life insurance.  I need to attain a certain number of steps to avoid paying more/month, possibly decreasing the payment if I exceed the required amount.  The goal would have been attained already but I'm still coming up short.  What can I do?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pepper55 wrote:

I've been shorted on thousands of steps for months, wondering why this was still occurring. 

@Pepper55, this bug doesn't short you on steps. All is does is miscalculate the difference between this week's steps and last week's steps.The total number of steps on the weekly report should reflect what synced to the app or dashboard.

In the overall scheme of things, an addition/subtraction mistake is not a big problem. However, it is extremely irritating because it is indicative of FItbit's lack of programming skills and complete disregard for fixing bugs, which is a big problem when the apps don't work and updates brick our devices.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't know what the problem or bug is, I just know I don't get credit for
all my steps and it affects me negatively.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello

I too am getting the 10281 steps (either up or down) as the difference on my weekly stats email.

Are Fitbit a Premier Support Customer with Salesforce?  If so, perhaps raise a case with Premier Support to ask them if they can help with the issue.

I assume that the weekly report is running off a Salesforce Dashboard?

Best Answer
0 Votes

CarlosC do you still work at Fitbit?  It has been 5 months since this began occurring - almost exactly 10281 days (give or take).  With Christmas right around the corner, I am guessing that Fitbit would want to be firing on all cylinders.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem as other folks regarding this issue but in addition my wife and I have similar fit bits and we went for a walk together. I had more steps than her when we began the walk and at the end of the walk she had 6,100 steps and I had 1,700 steps. Can I edit the step total for that day to correct the total number of steps for myself?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I saw I burned 4100 calories on Sunday Dec 9. When i checked the web page it had 2100 calories. Does this happen a lot? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just completed a brief live chat with a Fitbit customer support person, Edwin G, and to-date there is no expected time line for correcting this issue. 

Here is his response:

Edwin G.: I highly appreciate you're sharing your feedback with me, Lynn. Your satisfaction and wellness are our main priority and I totally comprehend how important it's for you to keep tracking your activities getting the best performance of your app and your tracker.
Edwin G.: This is not a particular behavior and we're sorry about the delay in to getting this situation fixed. At this moment, we don't have a specific time about when it will be fixed but rest assured that our engineers are doing their best in order to find the promptest solution to get you back on track with your weekly reports.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto. Not only does my weekly report give a Mon-Sun total (I have it set to Sun-Sat), but my last one gave only a Mon-Sat.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for sharing
Best Answer
0 Votes