Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Report Showing the Wrong Loss/Gain Steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update - 02/28/18: Our engineering team has released a fix for the weekly report issue and you should see a more accurate depiction of your week-over-week step difference. Thanks for sticking it out and being very patient.

Please keep in mind that our system submits weekly report totals between Sunday night (11:59P) and early Monday morning. In order for our system to generate a complete week’s worth of data in a weekly report, the tracker must sync by Sunday night or early Monday morning to be included in the weekly report. Reports are sent out Mondays and continue through Tuesday of every week.

For those of you who reported the week-over-week step difference was off, let's wait for next week's weekly report to see if the accuracy is improved. I welcome you to continue providing any feedback regarding your experience. Thanks everyone!

Fitbit Update - 09/12/17: Hi everyone! Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. After looking at my own weekly report emails and speaking with our team, I can confirm that the loss/gain step data on Fitbit Weekly Reports has affected many if not all users. Rest assured that this issue is on our radar and our engineering team is currently investigating. When I hear something new, I'll be sure to update this thread to keep everyone in the loop. I appreciate your patience. Robot Happy

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 11.13.10 AM.png

Best Answer
174 REPLIES 174

The online Dashboard totals are correct. The weekly reports are not. I'm getting reports which include only 6 days (plus the confusingly incorrect +/-) and with the incorrect grouping. I chose Sun-Sat; the report is based on Mon-Sun. Not huge, but not what I chose. My comments and inquiries have gone without response. If I depended on an "official" count for some 3d party (e.g. trainer, physician, insurance co.) I would have been "officially" shorted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are there other still experiencing this error?  I reported it to Fitbit  probably four months ago and have checked back twice each time with them telling me it will be fixed shortly. Four months does not feel like a quick fix to a tech issue… I’m just wondering if either is out there are still receiving an accurate weekly emails. 

Best Answer

I have never stopped getting this error.

I've started downloading my data weekly into a spreadsheet and keeping track of my progress (or lack thereof) there.  Not a solution for the majority of people who don't happen to own Excel.

If anyone from Fitbit EVER looks at this message board, you all need to know that your response to this problem is pathetic!

I wonder if Garman has better reporting?

Best Answer

PS.  I'm not a "recovery runner" or any kind of runner and have no idea why I'm described that way or where I can change this erroneous description of me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JodieNJ -

It is based entirely on the number of posts you have made on the boards.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

Oh!  I had no idea.  Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m still getting a 10,281 step per week difference in each weekly report, regardless of actual numbers.

Sent from Lynn's iPad
Best Answer
We all are,  since July I'm led to believe.  Maybe it's time we shamed these people on social media. 

Sent from Samsung tablet.
Best Answer

@Homecat -

Whoa - nasty.

I love it.

Shhhhh. I didn't say anything.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

The weekly steps is always 10281 either up or down. This has been reported for more than six months. How hard can it be to correct for the engineering department. It's simple math. Weekly emails are useless with out correct data.

Best Answer

While we are having problems with this, I presume the little green or red triangle to the left of the number indicates if you have done more or less steps from the previous week. This week it was red for me and the previous week it was green. 

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Weekly Reports are also incorrect - hence my visit to this forum. 

Also, every week - regardless of how many steps I do - the report says I have done  10,281 steps fewer than last week.  This has been the case since I purchased the FitBit in September. 

Here are statistics for the last few weeks

25-31 December, report states I have done 46996 or 6,714 p.day; app shows 72,866 or 10,409 p.day

18-24 December, report states 41,138 or 5,877 p.day;   app shows  68,378 or 9,768 p.day

11-17 December, is correct: report & app both the same: 68,341 or 9,763 p.day

4-10 December, I did not receive a weekly report so can't compare.  Thinking the error may have started from that date I checked the week before but it, too, is incorrect.

27 Nov-3 December, report 49,605 or 7,086 p.day; app shows 69,411 or 9,915 p.day

20-26 November, did not receive a report.

There is obviously some serious miscommunication between the data collected by the app and what is produced in the weekly report.  It is a significant error. I have the emails to confirm the information quoted above.  I hope this can be sorted out soon.

Kind regards, Thea

Best Answer

Thanks for this update, Thea I never considered double checking the weekly report against the daily on my app but I'll start doing this now

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit is this problem anywhere near being resolved?  I have only just noticed this issue on my weekly reports, but I joined Fitbit in August 2017 and have checked my weekly updates since joining and 10281 is always quoted!!!

Please can you expedite your efforts to resolve. 

Best Answer

How has this not been fixed yet? What's the hold up, it seems like a fairly simple technical issue.

Best Answer

Yes, this is still happening.  My Fitbit continues to show 10,281 steps more or less every week!  I can't believe this hasn't been fixed by now.  It would be better if it just said nothing than to consistently report a completely absurd number.  Really, you can't get this fixed?!?!?!?!

Best Answer
This is undoubtedly a VERY simple error and would be child's play to fix (I've seen something very similar in years past from a software developer where he used a constant value instead of a variable to test some code: I found the bug during user acceptance testing and it was fixed immediately, BEFORE the system went live). The fact that we are still discussing it after several months suggests several things about Fitbit to me. 1) They do not use a proper testing regime for their software. ANY decent user acceptance test or regression test regime would have found a bug of this sort and it would never have reached the production release. 2) They may well not have a legacy system software support team at all and only change and support their apps for new features in new device releases, such as the Ionic. 3) They simply don't care about customer support once they have our money from buying a device. If we complain about something they try to appease us with the demeaning "your views/custom/opinions is/are important to us" without actually bothering to do anything about the issue we are complaining about. 4) Their software developers are totally incompetent and cannot find a simple bug after months of looking. I rather doubt this: even though their apps are riddled with errors (which points to lack of proper testing) there is also quite a lot of good stuff in the bits that work properly. My feel is a combination of #1 and #3 is the most likely, but hey, they haven't come clean to explain truthfully about what the issue is after all these months, so all we can do is speculate in ever increasing frustration.
Best Answer
Yes. This very very frustrating. I agree with everything you have said. I am on my third Fitbit and also own the scale but this error has really turned me against Fitbit.

So..... everyone. Since Fitbit could give two craps about its loyal customers let’s discuss what fitness tracker we are going to buy next! Has anyone tried the jawbone or garmin? I need an app that can track steps walked, food intake and where I can log my weight.

If Fitbit doesn’t care after all these months (seriously??!!! You can’t even check in and give us an update??!!) then my money will go else where. I can’t imagine not wearing a fitness tracker and I’m pretty rough on them. Too bad Fitbit lost out on years more of my money.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I’ve also noticed that on some days when I haven’t worn my Fitbit or even picked it up, it has still recorded some steps - over 300 sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so glad to see that I am not the only person experiencing this issue. My old Fitbit worked great but this one has had this issue since July 2017 and I’m frustrated that they are not sorting it out.  Like you guys I’m honestly thinking of getting another tracker instead of Fitbit as they are not cheap to buy and you expect more from them. 

Best Answer