Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly progress report - Weight gain

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the second week now, my weekly progress report states that I have gained 8 pounds!

weight change
8.0 lb
weight gain

same as previous week

The thing is, I don't enter any data for the food I eat or for my weight, so I have no idea whatsoever where you got the idea that I gained over a pound a day for the last two weeks. What's wrong with the new version of the weekly progress report?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @isabou! Okay, so based on what I see in my report, the 8.0 weight gain is your lifetime gain since setting a weight goal (I'm assuming you have some goal set, whether you're actively using it or not). At some point you updated your weight to be 8 lbs heavier than your initial input. The part that shows your change this week is the final line. It shows "same as last week," probably since you haven't entered any new weight values in.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

Hi, @isabou! Okay, so based on what I see in my report, the 8.0 weight gain is your lifetime gain since setting a weight goal (I'm assuming you have some goal set, whether you're actively using it or not). At some point you updated your weight to be 8 lbs heavier than your initial input. The part that shows your change this week is the final line. It shows "same as last week," probably since you haven't entered any new weight values in.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

Hello there @isabou!

@MakMak is absolutely right. Those 8lbs are the total weight you have gained from the moment you started using your Fitbit. It could be that at some point you corrected some information and that's why it is showing you that you have gained that amount.

I hope this clarifies the sitaution. Thanks for helping out @MakMakSmiley Very Happy

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Thank you for the info!

Best Answer

Hey @isabou! You're very much welcome.

Hope to see you around the Forums! Be sure to take a look at all of our Discussion Boards. There you can talk about all sorts of different topics with other users.

Happy holidays! Smiley Very Happy

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tracked my weight a few times since I joined and even posted losses the last two weeks, yet mine shows I gained 4.9 pounds last week and 4.9 this week (when I actually lost).  Is there a way to clear the original weight so that my weekly progress report is not so discouraging?

Best Answer

I figured out how to delete the old records.  Starting fresh!

Best Answer

Hey @Unicorn10850! Welcome to the Forums!

That's great to read. Hope that you can reach all of your goals now that you're starting fresh!

You should take a moment to look through our Discussion boards. There you can find a lot of different topics to talk with other users about.

Hope to see you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, this did not fix the problem.  It still shows the 4.9 pound gain it always has. I give up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Unicorn10850!

That's interesting to read. If you have the chance, I'd like to ask you to please take a screen shot of the details showing up on the Weekly Report. That way I can get a closer look at why it could be.

Look forward to helping you get back on track.

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_20170323_172935.jpg

Best Answer

I get the weekly emails, so I took a picture of the email and posted it above.  It was showing +3.7 pounds every week in Dec, +7 pounds in January, +5.1 weekly until Feb 20 when it changed to +4.9 which it has been since.  I promise you I am not gaining that much every week!  Right now my weight history shows only March 20, with nothing prior.

Best Answer

Now it says I gained 6 pounds this week.  I have not logged a weight for weeks!

Best Answer
I posted the screen shot in the thread. And today it shows a 6 pound gain!
Best Answer

Hey @Unicorn10850

Thanks for reaching back with that picture. Let's try to turn off the weekly reports and then turn them back. That could help to get the proper information to show up. To do so, please follow these steps:

1. Log into your Fitbit.com Dashboard and go to the notification settings.
  2. Turn off the Weekly Summary option and then save the changes.
  3. Reload the notification settings and turn them back on, then save once again.

After that, let's wait for next week's report and see if there is any improvement.

Please keep me posted on this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, I tried that.  Only time will tell.  

The weekly progress report I received today said I gained another 5.2 pounds.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've only entered my weight once, one goal weight and my calories are always around 500 less in than out. Yet my first progress report says I gained 1.2lb... any ideas why?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jadey87! A very warm welcome to the Forums.

If you do not mind, I'd like to also take a look at the situation. Could you also take a screen shot and then post it in here?

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer

IMG_5586.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will know tomorrow if my problem has been fixed.  My weekly stats are sent on Mondays.  I hope they can fix yours, Jadey!

Best Answer