Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly progress report - Weight gain

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the second week now, my weekly progress report states that I have gained 8 pounds!

weight change
8.0 lb
weight gain

same as previous week

The thing is, I don't enter any data for the food I eat or for my weight, so I have no idea whatsoever where you got the idea that I gained over a pound a day for the last two weeks. What's wrong with the new version of the weekly progress report?

Best Answer
0 Votes
47 REPLIES 47

It seems as if this problem still persists 5 years later. 

Best Answer
I know, right? SMH. I'm so done with FitBit. Not over this issue, but
because they do not support their products beyond the first year. Recently
bought a $35 replacement smart watch that has all the features of my Versa
and then some and that works even better.

I've had two Versas and both the Alta and Alta HB. One Versa died for no
reason while still under warranty and FitBit replaced it. My original Alta
fell off and got lost because the strap was poorly designed. Gave up on
both replacement versions after (a) NOTHING could get the Versa to sync,
update, or even keep time (um, it's a watch?) and (b) the Alta could not be
charged -- NOTHING kept it appropriately connected to the charger -- and I
take excellent care of my stuff: both items look brand new so it's not like
I knocked a charging prong out of alignment or anything.
Best Answer

Just read through this thread as I'm getting this issue - however, I'm painstakingly recording my calories every day. I'm consuming a calorie deficit each week if I work it out myself, but the weekly report says weight gain of 0.4lbs? Which is a strange amount! How frustrating that FitBit haven't found a way to fix something, which ought to be straightforward? 🤔🙈

Best Answer

It's so discouraging. I've just found this thread after Googling my random .2 pound weight gain, despite always being in a calorie deficient. It's shocking that years later it still isn't resolved.

Best Answer

I think the system is not comparing to last week, it is comparing to the original weight you entered.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

That doesn't make sense sorry, I only started using my fitbit 4 weeks ago, I have never exercised, put my starting weight in, what I wanted to lose and all I do everyday is put in my water and food intake and every week it says I've gained 5.0 kg. It can't possibly know that because I have NEVER put any weight data in other than my weight the day I set it up and the goal.

Fitbit is making this up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was also very confused before i saw this post - i thought the gain was calculated from the calories intake and spent. Maybe It would be less confusing if ths value was separated from the other calculated metrics.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @GoldenGlobe. A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community.

Thanks for commenting and sharing your experience.

I would recommend that you post this idea in the Feature Suggestion board of the Community, since this section is regularly monitored by the team of developers. Make sure to post your idea including as many details as possible. 

Best Answer
0 Votes