Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly stats step calculations

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the weekly status report, why does the figure for my total steps exceed the number of steps shown in the "Last week's step winners" column week after week?  I do some walking each week without my Fitbit tracker that I add as an activity.  Are those steps excluded in the step winner's column?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @SeñorCaminante. Good to see you in the Community! 🙂

Whenever it comes to logging activities manually, in your case walking, those do not count towards the daily totals as the only information counted for that is the one recorded from your Fitbit tracker. Now, I would like to know what you're referring specifically when you talk about the "Winner's column". Is this about the challenges or the friend's list column  that you are able to see on your dashboard?

I'll be waiting for your reply and the more details you can share, the best for me to know what is happening.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

Oh, ok, I get it now @SeñorCaminante. Thanks for getting back and yes, I would say that's the reason why.

@orangerook, I'm glad that my post answered your question. Aaaand I know the feeling. Every now and then I take off my tracker to shower and rush out and forget to put it on and I hate that the steps for the day will not count haha but it doesn't happen always so I can also live with that. Good to see you around! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi there @SeñorCaminante. Good to see you in the Community! 🙂

Whenever it comes to logging activities manually, in your case walking, those do not count towards the daily totals as the only information counted for that is the one recorded from your Fitbit tracker. Now, I would like to know what you're referring specifically when you talk about the "Winner's column". Is this about the challenges or the friend's list column  that you are able to see on your dashboard?

I'll be waiting for your reply and the more details you can share, the best for me to know what is happening.

Best Answer
Hi FerdinandFitbit,

Thanks for answering my query. The step figures I referred to are the ones that are shown in the Weekly Stats email where the figure for my total steps is different than the steps shown in the Last week's step winners column. In my case this makes sense because I normally take off my tracker when I walk to the community pool for swimming since there is no secure place to leave the tracker when I swim.

SeñorCaminante
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Ferdinand.  This answers the question I was about to ask.  My Fitbit stopped working (although the battery was charged), and I entered steps manually for the period before I got a new Fitbit.  In my competition with friends, my total will be low for a week because the steps I entered manually don't count.  That's disappointing, but I can live with it.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, ok, I get it now @SeñorCaminante. Thanks for getting back and yes, I would say that's the reason why.

@orangerook, I'm glad that my post answered your question. Aaaand I know the feeling. Every now and then I take off my tracker to shower and rush out and forget to put it on and I hate that the steps for the day will not count haha but it doesn't happen always so I can also live with that. Good to see you around! 🙂

Best Answer