Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight Progress lost when I reset my goals

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday I was playing around with my goals and changed them.

But now all the weight I have lost to date is not displaying and it only shows the tiny loss I had today.

How do I get it to display my total progress?

I have a charge 2 if that makes any difference.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you go to change your calorie deficit goal from the dashboard, you get this page:

weightgoal.JPG

If you click the blue edit there, you can change your starting weight and date. Then it might be smart to just click through the next buttons to save it.

Hope this fixes itSmiley Happy

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

If you go to change your calorie deficit goal from the dashboard, you get this page:

weightgoal.JPG

If you click the blue edit there, you can change your starting weight and date. Then it might be smart to just click through the next buttons to save it.

Hope this fixes itSmiley Happy

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Soooooo much!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is the calorie deficit goal on the dashboard.  I can't find it anywhere.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bobbypdue welcome aboard! Cat Happy In order to check your calorie deficit from your Dashboard do the following:

- Add your "Food Plan" tile by clicking the Tiles icon in the left corner of your dashboard:

add tiless today date.png

- Then look for the tile that says "Food Plan"

add food plan tile.png

- Finally, your food plan tile should look like this (today I'm over my calories intake, lol Cat Embarassed Cat LOL):

calories deficit tile.png

Let me know if you have any other question. I'll be around! Cat Tongue

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

The title of the original post is "Weight Progress lost when I reset my goals"  since the website has changed the fix given doesn't work anymore. After gaining some lean muscle mass I realized my goal weight of 160lbs won't be obtainable.  So I changed it and it wiped out all of my 50lbs of progress.   What you proposed isn't a fix to the goal issue it just lets me realize I already have the "food plan" added to my dashboard and there is no place to set my original weight back to the original date. 

Where is this window and/or how do I change my start date and/or weight back to what it was before?

weightgoal.JPG

Best Answer

I too am wondering how to do this. I accidentally reset my goal (to the same value it was before) and that removed all progress I had made over the past few months from both App and Dashboard. Not motivating at all.

@Fitbit, we need to be able adjust the date of a weight loss goal so we can set it in the past. It's too easy to lose all your progress now.

The screen shown in these posts doesn't appear to exist anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is super late, but I was able to reset my goal start date by going to Settings - Nutrition and Body in the app. I was able to set my goal start date there. It wouldn't save until I set the date and then clicked on another box (I think I clicked on the "Your Goal" button and then closed it) before going back to the main menu. For whatever reason, when I tried to just set the date and then closed settings, it wouldn't save automatically since there is no save or confirm button once you change the date.

Best Answer
Thanks!
Best Answer

YES! This worked like a charm! Thank you!

Best Answer

@dimpulz88 excellent input! Smiley Happy Thanks for sharing what worked for you with the rest of the thread! This is what the Community is all about: sharing knowledge and best practices! I'm happy to read this has worked for you @Bobbypdue @Dxtra30

On a different note, I'd like to invite you guys to our Lifestyle Discussion Forums. There are lots of interesting topics; my favorite is "Live Mindfully", good for picking up daily inspiration! Heart

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This did it! You rock! Thanks for taking the time to offer your solution!  

Best Answer
0 Votes