Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do the 2 calorie numbers mean on my fitbit Alta?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my fitbit today a few hours ago. It's my first so I have no experience with it. Everything makes sense to me except the 2 numbers displayed for my calories burned. I have a big 1 there and then it says 736 below that? I assume the 1 is the calories burned by steps/activity as I have under 200 steps on it, but what does the 736 mean? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@AnikaSophia  The 736 is probably your calories burned since midnight.  Fitbit always tracks your BMR (Basal Metabolic rate) and adds the calories burned for any movement or activity to that. If you want to calculate the BMR this link uses the same equations that Fitbit uses..

@AnikaSophia wrote:

I just got my fitbit today a few hours ago. It's my first so I have no experience with it. Everything makes sense to me except the 2 numbers displayed for my calories burned. I have a big 1 there and then it says 736 below that? I assume the 1 is the calories burned by steps/activity as I have under 200 steps on it, but what does the 736 mean? 

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

The 1 does not change but the other number is at 864 now. Since it is only switched on for 4h and I haven't worn it most of that time I can't imagine it's the calories I have burned since midnight or then?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AnikaSophia What you are seeing is the activity calorie burn including what your body needs at rest to keep the vitals working, your BMR.. If you do that BMR calculation and divide it by 24 you will see what Fitbit has calculated for your BMR/hour..   That's why it's important that your personal settings are accurate..

This link is from Fitbit and explains how it calculates the Calories.

@AnikaSophia wrote:

The 1 does not change but the other number is at 864 now. Since it is only switched on for 4h and I haven't worn it most of that time I can't imagine it's the calories I have burned since midnight or then?

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes