Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does the 7 day average graph mean?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone explain the screenshot below to me? 80,159 / 7 does NOT = 9564 :-).

fitbit.jpg

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

On that display, the 7 day average is for the previous 7 full days.

The 7 day total includes so far today.

As your steps increase through the day, the 7 day average will stay the same, but you will see the 7 day total increasing.  At midnight, you will see a big drop in 7 day total as the oldest day is dropped, then gradually increase through the day including today's steps.  But the 7-day average will only show a smaller difference, plus or minus, dropping the oldest day and including yesterday.

I agree not totally intuitive, but once you understand how it works, it is easier to understand.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

On that display, the 7 day average is for the previous 7 full days.

The 7 day total includes so far today.

As your steps increase through the day, the 7 day average will stay the same, but you will see the 7 day total increasing.  At midnight, you will see a big drop in 7 day total as the oldest day is dropped, then gradually increase through the day including today's steps.  But the 7-day average will only show a smaller difference, plus or minus, dropping the oldest day and including yesterday.

I agree not totally intuitive, but once you understand how it works, it is easier to understand.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

It takes the total steps done in the 7 days. Fivides this total by 7, this is the average shown by the dotted line.

Then the bars show the step count for each day and how the day relates to the average for the 7 days. Note that this iscacrolling 7 days

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue  Actually I think the dotted line is the daily goal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I see that, the graph has nothing to do with the average daily steps count

Best Answer
0 Votes