Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will friends' see when they check your profile?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i have adjusted my privacy settings to permit friends to see everything under the "graphs" heading, but my fitbit friends are unable to see my graphs.  i am unable to upload a screenshot of my privacy settings here, because attempting to do so returns error "you do not have permission to upload images".

all of the following privacy items are set to "friends":

calorie intake and burn graph

steps, distance, floors graph

time active graph

sleep graph

weight graph

my fitbit friends report they are unable to see any of these charts.  can anyone point out where i'm going wrong?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@kagerousan Welcome to the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Thanks for the details mentioned and for checking your privacy settings. 

Before you were able to see your friend's charts. However, right now when you're checking someone's profile, it will show personal info, average steps per day, recent badges & trophies and your friends. Check the screenshot below on what you should see on someone's else profile: 

profile.PNG

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @kagerousan ,

Welcome to the community!

One other option to see what others will see, is to see what is visible in your profile page.  To do this:

1. Go to your dashboard.
  2. From here, click on your profile page on the top right.

This is your profile page.  At the top of this page, there these options:

fitbit-profile-view.JPG

Click on friends to see precisely what they would see.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is this? Why can't we share graphs with friends? Why does it say we can in the permissions?

One of the main reasons I got fitbit was to be able to share graphs with a friend of mine, and he with me, but we can barely see any info on eachother at all! Will this functionality be returning?

Best Answer

@iorekbyrnison Welcome to the Community. Thanks for participating in the forums. 

Before the Dashboard update, you were able to see this graph on your friend's Dashboard. If you would like to see this again, you may want to post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board, those ideas are reviewed by our team and the status will change based in Fitbit's plans. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer