Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I see the messages sent to my friends?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This solution may be incredibly easy and I may just be overlooking it but since I'm pretty new to this, I hope you'll let this one slide. Smiley Very Happy I had a friend message me but now I can't figure out where to go to view the message they sent, or any messages I've sent in return. Is there a place to view the conversation or at least see if you've replied? Thanks for any help!!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Hikkup 

It's not possible to see the messages you've send personally.

To view your friends messages go to the main dashboard and click the 'view notifications' icon located next to the settings (gear icon).

Each message is seperately, there's no conversation view.

Feel free to add your suggestions to the 'Feature Requests' Sub Forum, where users can vote, add comments,.. if there's a certain interest then there's a chance the developers pick it up and it'll be developed.

Tip: Search if the idea already has been suggested and add your vote / comment! Smiley Wink

Feature Suggestions

URL: Click to go to the Feature Requests Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

@Hikkup 

It's not possible to see the messages you've send personally.

To view your friends messages go to the main dashboard and click the 'view notifications' icon located next to the settings (gear icon).

Each message is seperately, there's no conversation view.

Feel free to add your suggestions to the 'Feature Requests' Sub Forum, where users can vote, add comments,.. if there's a certain interest then there's a chance the developers pick it up and it'll be developed.

Tip: Search if the idea already has been suggested and add your vote / comment! Smiley Wink

Feature Suggestions

URL: Click to go to the Feature Requests Forum

Best Answer
I'm dealing with aging relatives who are new Fitbit users. They absolutely NEED to be able to see both sides of the conversation thread to be able to follow the coversation and make sense of it. This is important. Please make it happen.
Best Answer

@Connexus It's nice to have you here! This would be a great feature to have on Fitbit. I would love to see this idea in our Ideas Board because those suggestions are viewed directly by our engineers and developers and the best of this is that people can vote for them. 

Hope I can see your ideas on the board soon. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

This is pretty weird, and not intuitive that you cannot see what you sent.

Best Answer

I had no idea I wouldn't be able to review my sent messages or a conversation either. Encouraging my friends to only message me outside of this platform. We'll just taunt each other here. Ugh.

Best Answer
Fitbit - what are you playing at, making a messaging system that only shows you what the other person has said? It is now over 2 years since this issue was raised. This is my first day using Fitbit, and this issue alone is making me want to quit before I've started. Please urgently make a proper messaging service as part of the app.
Best Answer

@initialc @richieboo @Aaaaaaaaaaa A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you so much for keep sharing your experiences. You may want to vote for this idea as you could see it's already "under consideration" as soon as it has been implemented the status will change. 

Hope this helps!  

Best Answer

Why do I keep seeing 'solutions' to FitBit questions that are 'actaully you can't do that'.

That isn't a solution.

It shows up in google et al as 'how do I do x' (like delete, or see sent) 'solution' - which looks like it can be done.. it isn't until I waste 10mins reading messages of people commenting on the fact it can't be done.. that I realise the 'solution' is an acknowlodgement that it can't be done.

Come on!

Fitbit.. sort out when you first release this product you should have been able to

delete friends

delete messages

view sent messages.

Moderator edit: Caps.

Best Answer

This is a serious FLAW in design.  I find it very strange that you can not view both sides of a conversation.  If this is the case it should simply be removed.  

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @Whindiva! Currently, this idea (Threaded Messaging) is already posted in our Feature Suggestion board. As mentioned before, those ideas are viewed by our engineers and developers and the best of this is that people can vote for them. 

Thank you so much for your feedback and understanding. 

Best Answer

This is pretty basic - if you allow users to send messages they need to be able to view what's been sent.  I'm sure the developers know this and hopefully it's something they're actively working on. 

Best Answer

I just found the private messages section of the site, so I'm wondering why my recent messages with another user are not showing up in that section.  Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Cmit0227! Currently,  when you're checking your Dashboard. You'll be able to see just the messages that your friends have sent. Also, those messages will be there for 30 days. 

Additionally, you may want to vote for this idea Threaded Messaging. Those ideas are viewed by our engineers and developers. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Answer

It's been 2 years already though. I feel like you're not taking the concerns of your customers seriously 

Best Answer

Yes!  Please Fitbit, we should be able to see both sides of a conversation and the history.  Please add this asap!

Thank you 🙂

Best Answer
@SilviaFitbit wrote:

Welcome to the Community @Cmit0227! Currently,  when you're checking your Dashboard. You'll be able to see just the messages that your friends have sent. Also, those messages will be there for 30 days. 

Additionally, you may want to vote for this idea Threaded Messaging. Those ideas are viewed by our engineers and developers. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Doesn't appear that we can vote for this idea at all on the link Sylvia provided.  It's a real pain not to be able to see the thread of a discussion.  And pretty stupid not to have been incorporated in the individual design of the programming.  

Best Answer

Hey there @lovesmurfs! The feature suggestion board is viewed  by our engineers and developers team but also our Moderators will take a look at them and change the status. 

Fitbit continue to evaluate new partners and will update you if there are any news to share. 

Thanks for your understanding! 

Best Answer

Glad to see there's been no posting on this subject for over a year now, so guess it's finally been resolved.

Can anyone tell me how to see my conversations?

Best Answer
You can't. Their resolution is to ignore all user requests on this since

Gail Heylmun
208-484-6662 cell/text
heylmun@gmail.com
Best Answer