Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to download Fitbit Connect for Macbook

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, 

I recently bought the versa 2 and would like to add my music to it. I tried fitbit.com/setup, but I get an error page. The page says "Sorry, that page is following a different trail. Since it’s unavailable, step over to one of these instead:" and the URL automatically changes to fitbit.com/en-ca/404. The suggested links on the error page do not take me to where I can download the app.

Does anybody know where I can download the app? Is there any other way to upload my music onto my versa?

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Hi @KrzyKatLdy - Welcome to the forums. Prior to downloading Fitbit Connect to your MacBook, the help pages explain that you must first connect to wifi. If you have not already gone through these steps, please do so now.

CONNECT TO WI-FI

Make sure your watch and your Mac are able to be connect to the same Wi-Fi network:

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab 

> your profile picture > your device image.
  2. Tap Wi-Fi Settings.
  3. Tap Add Network and follow the on-screen instructions to add your Wi-Fi network or check the Network list to make sure it’s already listed.
  4. Tap the network name > Connect.
  5. To see which network your computer is on, click the Wi-Fi symbol

on your screen. Connect to the same Wi-Fi network as your watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, I have done all that. The issue is that I cannot find where to download the connect app as the webpage is not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KrzyKatLdy - Tap here then scroll until you see the Download for Mac button. Tap it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The link doesn't work. I get the same page with the 404 message and there is no download button. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KrzyKatLdy - I’m afraid all I can suggest now is to contact Support. Hopefully they will will have a solution. 

Best Answer

@KrzyKatLdy   Are you in Canada?  I came across this thread .  If you are, it seems that this is a new issue.  I did the search because your error URL has "ca" in it, indicating Canada.

I agree with @SunsetRunner .  Contact Support with her link.  I am in the US and just dowloaded and installed Fitbit Connect.

I am also moving this thread to the fitbit.com dashboard forum.  It is a better fit.

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you @LZeeW, I tried searching the forums but didn't come across that thread. Same as in that thread, I did contact support and talked to two different people. Neither of which were able to help me, which is why I came here. And yes, I am in Canada.

Now that I know I'm not crazy, I took a different approach and contacted a general inquiry email and told them they have a broken link on their webpage. Hopefully, that will reach the right person to redirect the webpage to the correct place.

Best Answer

@KrzyKatLdy   I flagged this thread to get moderator attention.  I hope that this link gets fixed for you.  I am not trying to rub this in.  Until now,  I had not tried putting any of my music on my Versa 2 for two reasons:

1. There is a long running thread about Fitbit Connect not being compatible with Mac OS Catalina.  Turns out, that is for syncing and I always sync with my iPhone
  2. The original instructions were for iTunes only.  Apple replaced iTunes with Music (a while ago) and that left me with 50GB of personal music and no way to transfer any of it

The instructions for transferring music are current and I downloaded Fitbit Connect to see if I could reproduce your problem.  I couldn't, because I am not in Canada.  Like I said, I hope this link gets fixed for you.  I have three playlists on my Versa 2 and room for one more short one.

BTW, just how many cats does it take to be a crazy cat lady?  I have had three in my lifetime, but the most at one time was two.

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi @KrzyKatLdy. Welcome on board and I'm sorry for my delay. @SunsetRunner and @LZeeW, thanks for stopping by and for the heads up. You are awesome!

@KrzyKatLdy, thanks for bringing this to my attention, as well for your efforts while getting in touch with our Support team. It's odd that the link isn't working on your end and just to double check, have you tried going to the link without the "ca", meaning this link: https://www.fitbit.com/setup?

If this is still not working, I'd suggest to do the following steps:

1. Go to your online dashboard at fitbit.com.
  2. Log in to your account in case you've not accessed before.
  3. Scroll all the way down and change the location to United States.
  4. Try one more time the previous link and download the Fitbit Connect app for your specific Mac model.
  5. Once that's done, change the location back to Canada in your online dashboard.

@LZeeW, I believe you're more a cat lover rather than a crazy cat lady. They're so lovely and independent. 

Best Answer

Hello @LizzyFitbit

I will start by saying your advice helped me download the app! As I type this, I am moving my music onto my watch :). I had to do a few more additional steps though. I will outline them for anyone else having the problem.

1. Logout of your Fitbit Account so your location is not being used through your account. I tried changing to USA but it kept reverting me back to Canada. Logging out helps block the location information.
  2. Directly to the left of the Fitbit URL at the top of your web browser is a lock symbol (if you're using chrome). Click on it and go to the settings for the Fitbit website. Input your password for your Macbook to enter these settings. Turn off/block location sharing. 
  3. Close the Fitbit website and then delete your search history. Note: If you do not delete your history then the Fitbit website will continue to revert you back to the Canadian (or wherever you may be from) version of the website as the history will think you want the error page.
  4. If using Google Chrome, download this VPN changer extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/setupvpn-lifetime-free-vp/oofgbpoabipfcfjapgnbbjjaenockbdp... If you already have a VPN changer downloaded then you may not need to download this one. The VPN changer is necessary because every computer has a VPN designated to their country of origin. This extension will send a different VPN from the country you want to say you're in, tricking the website into thinking you're from there. (You may delete the extension once you're done with it)
  5. You will find the new extension near the top right corner of your web browser. Select USA from the VPN extension options. It will have you create an account in order to use it. 
  6. Now the website should work! Go to www.fitbit.com/setup and scroll to the bottom of the page. You will see a pink button that says "Download for Mac" and different options underneath the said button.
  7. There is "Mac" option and "Mac 10.5" option. As of now (April 24, 2020) download the "Mac" version. The "Mac 10.5" option does not currently work with Catalina (Mac 10.5). I tried the Mac 10.5 version first to test it out and it did not work. This will probably be fixed in the future. 

To find your Mac version: You may need to know which version of Mac you have once the 10.5 issue is fixed. To find out, click on the Apple logo (top left corner of your screen) and select "About this Mac".

I wasn't expecting to have to do so many steps to get it to work, but I realized I had to make sure nothing on my laptop was sending my actual location to the website. I was unable to get it to work until I had done all of the steps. You may turn location back on for the Fitbit website and delete the VPN extension once you download the app (and make sure it works first so you don't have to do it all again).

I hope this information helps others.

@LZeeW I had 10 cats at one time when I was 12-14 years  (I'm 28 now). I, personally, loved having that many cats, though I'd never do it again. Right now, I'm happy with the two I have. So, that, in short, is the origin of my name and what I believe is a level-one crazy cat lady. I use this name on as many websites as I can lol.

Thank you to all who took the time to read the thread and offer their advice!

Best Answer

Hi @KrzyKatLdy. It's great to see you here again.

That's great news! I'm glad that the suggestions from my post help you and thanks for sharing other steps that worked to transfer music to your Versa 2. I'm sure others will find your post very helpful! Now you can enjoy listening to your favorite music while exercising.

In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members. If you need anything else, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for figuring this out!

Just a note for anyone else, instead of deleting all my browsing history etc, I just used an Incognito window with the vpn extension and it worked just fine. 🙂

Best Answer

I tend to forget Incognito mode exists. I never needed to use it. Good thinking on that one!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow it seems kind of crazy that there is so little support that one has to download who knows what kind of software in order to use a Fitbit. Looks like a return to me and maybe use Garmin instead

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's an easy download, but I do agree with you. When I contacted the general inquiries email they said I can't access the site because it "doesn't work on mac and I should use another device" (paraphrase) but I can't even reach the site on my fiance's Windows computer. I told them what I had to do to access the website and that it's more than what they think it is, but I don't think they took the issue seriously. 

In the end the program is downloadable on mac, but I definitely don't judge you if you decide to switch to Garmin. I considered it as well when I was trying to figure it out.

Best Answer
0 Votes