Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get a "year in review" email for year 2021 in Q1 2022?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I joined FB in early 2019 and I didn't get any year in review email in for the year 2019 but my friends did. I didn't not get any "year in review" email for 2020 either. For each 2 years, I created a thread here to ask about the missing email, I seem to remember FB replied they are "working" to address the issue but they can't re-generate the email for members that did not get one. Seems kind of odd since they have all of our historic data and shouldn't too much to generate the report. Anyway, now that we are less than 60 days from the start of a new year, what is the odd FB actually fixed the issue and we will all get our "year in review" email for this year?

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

@Deb3horse That is a good workaround...just wish it was a bit more user-friendly.  I saw another post from 2018 and the moderator said they were working on it.  I really like my versa, but am interested in the data and progress over time.  Unfortunate that it is so difficult.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally got my Fitbit year in review this morning, so there is still hope for others in this thread. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
Wish I would get mine. I’m looking at other trackers to see what they offer.

May ditch my Fitbit Sense. This is my 5th Fitbit device. Sounds like they are out of touch with their customers.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@N8teGee that is great to hear!  Fingers crossed!

@Deb3horse I hear what you're saying.  I really like my versa, but I'm wondering if they are focusing more on Premium content vs. their base (since once we purchase the watch, it's not a revenue stream).   I know people that like the Whoop, but that is also a subscription.  The data is amazing though.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Funny thing is, I’m a Premium member and I still didn’t get it. I think they have just forgotten the customer and focused on selling the next big device.

Back room operations and customer service are essential to the success of any company

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody ! Thank you for your reports and messages. 

I'm glad to read that some of you already received the Yearly Report. 

For those who haven't received it yet, please verify that you setup your Fitbit with your account before November and to have over 10k steps on the account until January . Also you must have a Fitbit device paired to your account. 

As our friend @SebWotan mentioned, in order to receive the "Year in Review" you have to enable Product Updates in your notification settings.

See you around. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes and yes

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I believe I replied with all yes back in 2020 (for the year 2019 email), was not asked in 2021. Have not changed my settings for years.

@JuanFitbit wrote:

Hi everybody ! Thank you for your reports and messages. 

I'm glad to read that some of you already received the Yearly Report. 

For those who hasn't receive it yet, please verify that you setup your Fitbit with your account before November and to have over 10k steps on the account until January . Also you must have a Fitbit device paired to your account. 

As our friend @SebWotan mentioned, in order to receive the "Year in Review" you have to enable Product Updates in your notification settings.

See you around. 

Since you are here. Do you have any insight on when the "export your account archive" will be fixed? If "export your account archive" is working, people can get the same data themselves as those in the "year in review" email. I get it we can get data by month but it is tedious.

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes and yes from me as well.  I should note that I do get the weekly progress emails. 

Best Answer

@Deb3horse @sn2019 @kayparkay Thanks for your prompt reply. I just received good news about this. It seems some emails with the year summary are delayed. They will be sent in the following weeks. I appreciate your patience. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
I sure hope it finally gets here. This needs to be resolved before the end of this year. It will be complicated to switch the information to another tracking device from another company.

I plan to spend the time researching other brands. This seems to be an ongoing issue. Just remember loyal customers got you here and they can quickly dim any shiny objects you are chasing!!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I received my year 2021 summary just now. Thank you for everyone's contribution to making this happen!

Best Answer
0 Votes
So did I. It contains less information than years past(ie, total calories, etc). Really linking to sale of Premium.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn’t have product updates on so I just updated it. Have I missed it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Is this still true?  Excited to receive mine I get the weekly updates but my friend got a year in review already.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I got mine this weekend! Was very excited. 🙂

@Deb3horse  I wish it had more comprehensive info as well, but was happy it finally came.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I was too but it looks like they threw something together when we raised the issue. I really liked getting the number of calories, miles, etc

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@sn2019 @Deb3horse @Cocofosho @sshufelt @kayparkay Thanks for the reply and confirmation that some of you have already gotten it. I also appreciate your feedback. For those who still not have gotten it, please be patient. It is delayed for some account and it will be sent in the upcoming weeks. 

@kayparkay Which information did you find not as clear or uncomprehensive? I will gladly look into it. Let me know. 

@sshufelt I could guess that you may not get it, since this checkbox was unmarked at the time this was supposed to be sent. However, given that some user had not gotten it, it is being resent during the following weeks. I suggest you keep the "product updates" checkbox marked and wait and see if you get it. I hope you will. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RodrigoMFitbit 

My friend's 2019 email has the following items:

most active day
total steps
total miles
active minutes
calories burned

Under sleep
average sleep score
average of total sleep
average of REM sleep
average of light sleep
average of deep sleep
average bedtime
average wake-time

My 2021 email has the following items:

most active day
total step
total days of exercise

Under Sleep
average hours of sleep
average bedtime
average wake-up time
average sleep score

Because my friend stopped using his Fitibit, he doesn't have any email for year 2020 or 2021, and I did not received any email for year 2019 or 2020, no comparison can be made for year 2020.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, not impressed with this years formatting of stats. I honestly don't care about how nice marketing makes the tables, I want all the data.

Best Answer
0 Votes