Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Fitbit app removed

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I liked using the Fitbit app on my computer but I now know that the app developers have removed it. It was always nicer on bigger screen and helped to reset it when my phone wouldn't connect. Now my phone won't pair and my Fitbit watch is useless. Why discontinue this service. Not happy at all. W Kennedy 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@WKennedy  - thanks,  is your phone actually incompatible? (Only relevant if you deleted the Fitbit App from it).

What happens is your watch may be linked to the PC Bluetooth and so unavailable for use on the phone because the PC connects first, even though there is no app on the PC.

Firstly check if you have the Fitbit App on the phone, at some point you will have set it up using the phone, unless you deleted it, then you will need to know the Android version on the phone.

Remove the watch from the PC Bluetooth and turn off the computer.

Restart the watch and the phone, and login to the Fitbit app, if it is there and see if you get pair and link prompts and if it will sync.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

I liked using the Fitbit app on my computer but I now know that the app developers have removed it. It was always nicer on bigger screen and helped to reset it when my phone wouldn't connect. Now my phone won't pair and my Fitbit watch is useless. Why discontinue this service. Not happy at all. W Kennedy 

Best Answer

Hi @WKennedy - if your watch Bluetooth is connected to Windows there will be a problem. Remove the watch Bluetooth entries from Windows and shutdown the computer.

Turn off any other Bluetooth devices and remove the watch from your phone's Bluetooth.

Logout of the Fitbit App on your phone and swipe off the active window and restart the phone and watch.

Login to the Fitbit App on the phone and click profile photo and then "+ Set up a Device" and make sure the watch gets installed on the phone. This will make the Bluetooth pair and link so that you can use it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WKennedy- your multiple posts were merged and moved to the Fitbit App Gallery forum which might be more relevant.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not very happy with the app being discontinued, either. Was any sort of notice sent out to users? If so, I didn't see it. 

But I still get constant emails regarding the latest and greatest Fitbit product.

The only reason I knew it was discontinued is because it simply failed to log-in on Monday. Tried to find an update on the Microsoft store, saw it was gone, and after a little more searching found out that support for the Windows app had been stopped last October. They just getting around to pulling the log-in permissions until now?

Strange as it may seem to some, there are people without cell phones. I'm one of them.  So the phone app is useless to me and so is the watch now, since I have no way of seeing a record of my exercise, calories burned, or my sleep patterns. I have sleep apnea and the sleep tracking feature was one of the things I used most.

Guess I can still use it to check my heart rate, which is pretty elevated right now. Won't be buying any more Fitbit products in the future.

Best Answer

I agree completely. I thought my account and password on my pc was wrong. So I deleted the Fitbit app from PC only to learn the app was no longer in the App store of Windows 10. Then my watch wouldn't connect, so I deleted and reinstalled the Fitbit app. Now no matter going through all the steps, my phone won't connect. Phone is now incompatible. If this happened before, my PC could get the phone app working again on my phone. Now the watch is just a pedometer and can't use it for anything else or change any settings, which are App driven from phone.. Bad move by Fitbit, also without any prior notice. I won't be buying another and the watches are not cheap. 

Best Answer

Fitbit Developers didn't take into account, the people who have incompatible watches and dependent on their PC for viewing and setting changes. I'm nowhere now. Never again to go Fitbit, I'm going to put it to sleep.

Best Answer

That was meant to say incomparable phones. We don't all have  iPhone models

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WKennedy   If you are using an older model phone that can't upgrade to Android 9, then you need to know that Google no longer supports Android 8 and Google no longer releases security updates.  Similar changes happen with iPhones and Apple support.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your email and advice. My phone Xiaomi android never really
connected easily but the PC helped. I'm on Version 10 at the moment.
W Kennedy
Best Answer

@WKennedy- have you chatted with support via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

There may be a resolution for your phone if the Fitbit App is still installed on it. It could be something completely different.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Guy.
I contacted Fitbit support, to ask about Windows 10 and they confirmed the
Developers had in fact taken the app off.
I then asked about my phone being now incompatible and they said if that
was the case, there was nothing they could do.
They offered the Fitbit community to share my dilemma and maybe that
might help me.
William
Best Answer
0 Votes

@WKennedy  - thanks,  is your phone actually incompatible? (Only relevant if you deleted the Fitbit App from it).

What happens is your watch may be linked to the PC Bluetooth and so unavailable for use on the phone because the PC connects first, even though there is no app on the PC.

Firstly check if you have the Fitbit App on the phone, at some point you will have set it up using the phone, unless you deleted it, then you will need to know the Android version on the phone.

Remove the watch from the PC Bluetooth and turn off the computer.

Restart the watch and the phone, and login to the Fitbit app, if it is there and see if you get pair and link prompts and if it will sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there.
When using pc I've Bluetooth off on phone and vice versa, so I don't have
both devices fighting for control. Either way the app is now gone from PC.
I get as far as the watch being found phone and put in the 4 numbers for
pairing but it fails every time with 3 prompts. Poor connectivity, check
Bluetooth and try again. Always with a failed result. The PC app always
corrected this. I don't think I can fix this, I'm just wasting my time.
Poor Fitbit support with Windows app gone. I've this watch for 3 to 4
years now and generally can navigate it's failures. Tu
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you use Microsoft Edge as your browser, you can set up the Fitbit website as an "app."  It's essentially the same as the Fitbit Website, but you can pin it to your taskbar, and go right to it.  Log in, and go to the dashboard.  Works like the App did.  https://www.groovypost.com/howto/using-web-apps-new-chromium-edge-windows-10/   

Best Answer

Hi Horn_Player.

That's a great idea, i know you have given me the site, but when i visit it, I find more questions than answers of which way to go about it. I suppose I'm nervous about picking the wrong path, It looks possible but I might need a step by step guide to progress or simplify the correct steps to Fitbit.

It's okay if you can't do that but thanks for you promising help anyway

William

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi There.
After some help from my daughter, your advice worked a treat.
I now have Fitbit app on my laptop. Brilliant. Thank you.
Still need to get my Xiaomi phone sorted.
William
Best Answer
0 Votes