Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong BMI

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm 6' 1" (and that is the data on my profile), I currently weigh 182 lbs (and that's the data that fitbit has) and fitbit calculates a BMI of 34.4 even though that height and weight equate to a BMI of 24. What gives? It's been wrong for also long as I've had my fitbit (a little over a year).

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@jhutchins  I don't know why your BMI is coming out wrong -- but I did make an interesting observation.  A person who is 5' 1" and 182 lbs has a BMI of 34.4!!  How's that for weird?

Another oddity -- I know that we enter our height in feet an inches.  And you can't leave the "feet" box blank and try to put 73" (6'1") in the "inches" box, because you will get an error.  But I just think it is weird that 5'1" is 61".  And you are 6'1".

I put your height and weight in my profile and I got the correct BMI.  Have you tried changing your values to incorrect ones to see what you get?  And then changing them back to the correct ones?  Like I said, I don't have an answer for you, but I am interested in what you find out.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@jhutchins  I don't know why your BMI is coming out wrong -- but I did make an interesting observation.  A person who is 5' 1" and 182 lbs has a BMI of 34.4!!  How's that for weird?

Another oddity -- I know that we enter our height in feet an inches.  And you can't leave the "feet" box blank and try to put 73" (6'1") in the "inches" box, because you will get an error.  But I just think it is weird that 5'1" is 61".  And you are 6'1".

I put your height and weight in my profile and I got the correct BMI.  Have you tried changing your values to incorrect ones to see what you get?  And then changing them back to the correct ones?  Like I said, I don't have an answer for you, but I am interested in what you find out.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Changing my height did the trick.

Best Answer
0 Votes