Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zone minutes tile has incorrect data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The data displayed in the Activity Goals panel for the zone minutes is grossly incorrect. I've compared it over the past two weeks with the data on my Fitbit Charge 5, Android App, and the Heart Rate panel on the dashboard (those three all agree), and the number displayed in the Activity Goals panel is drastically different - sometimes high, sometimes low, but never correct.

Right now, for instance, the Heart Rate screen shows 98 (64 fat burn and 17 cardio for a total of 98), but the zone minutes tile shows 82. On Tuesday 11/8, the Heart Rate panel shows 1009 (777 fat burn and 116 cardio), but the zone minutes panel only shows 718.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Active minutes and Zones minutes have totally different calculations;

active minutes minimum was just 60% of (220 minus age) but required at least 10 minutes at a time, so you cannot compare them like you did,

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Assuming you really are talking about fitbit.com dashboard, which is where this is posted, carefully note the label "Active Minutes", not "Zone Minutes".  It appears you have been with Fitbit for 5 years so must be familiar with Active Minutes and the switch to Zone Minutes and the difference.  The Fitbit.com dashboard was never changed to reflect this change, or put another way, still works correctly with the older devices that still use Active Minutes.  Though leading to some confusion, for some people who still object to Zone Minutes, it still gives them a way to see the old Active Minutes.

See What are Active Zone Minutes or active minutes on my Fitbit device? 

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Thanks - you're right - partly. It is showing active instead of zone, but even with that, it doesn't explain the discrepancies. My first example was 64 fat burn and 17 cardio - total of 81 (and it shows 82), and the second example was 777 fat burn and 116 cardio - total of 893 and it shows 718.

If I look at yesterday, the heart rate chart shows 54 fat burn and 1 cardio (55 total) and the active minutes shows 103!

Still no6 accurate. Probably should be revamped (or removed).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Active minutes and Zones minutes have totally different calculations;

active minutes minimum was just 60% of (220 minus age) but required at least 10 minutes at a time, so you cannot compare them like you did,

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been doing the same walk for the past few days. One day I got active minutes of 34. The next day on the same walk 8. What's wrong?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Timmo59  That's very possible. Active minutes just depend on your intensity as measured by heart rate. Tap Zone Minutes circle near top of phone app and check lower limit of Fat Burn zone.  If your heart rate doesn't reach that, you won't get Active Minutes.  One day your heart rate could be just over that threshold and be getting mostly Active Minutes; the next day be just under that threshold and not get any Active Minutes; but you would get nearly the same calorie but both days.  You might be able to see this by checking your heart rate while on the walk and pushing just a but harder if heart rate is under that threshold, or looking at heart rate chart in workout summary afterward.

Best Answer
0 Votes