Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I delete a "tile" on the dashboard?  The top tile is "Friends" and it just clutters up the other more important tiles

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hover your mouse over to the bottom left of the tile. Click on the gear and then you will see a garbage can. Use that to remove the tile

Moving to the dashboard forum now

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hover your mouse over to the bottom left of the tile. Click on the gear and then you will see a garbage can. Use that to remove the tile

Moving to the dashboard forum now

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
Thanks WendyB!!
What a great community of support!
With great appeciation for taking the time to help me!Cbott
Best Answer

@cbott amazing news! I'm happy to hear that @WendyB was able to resolve your inquiry. Smiley Happy Feel free to post back! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Accidentally removed a tile - heart rate, sleep. Also changed steps to calories - no idea what I did. How do I change back to steps and how do I add the heart rate and sleep tiles?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Calgarylass - 

It sounds like you are speaking about your phone app's dashboard. That's ok.

1. Scroll down to the bottom and press "Edit".
  2. Current tiles will have a black "x" in the corner allowing you to remove them - missing tiles will have a red "+" allowing you to add them. Find the missing tiles you want to show and press the red "+".
  3. Scroll down to the bottom and press "Done".
  4. And "Viola", there you go!

If you don't like the way the tiles are arranged, perform step 1 again, followed by dragging the tiles around on the screen until you like the layout and perform step 4.

Hope this worked for you.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

I'm afraid it didn't work because I had no tiles with a red "X"  I am actually asking for my husband who doesn't know what he did!  He has changed his 'steps' calories and wants 'steps' back!  And he seems to have deleted somehow 'heart rate' and 'sleep' - CAN YOU HELP!  I have been searching on his dashboard on line but can't find help to reinstall the tiles.  All I can think we can do is completely start over and give him a new 'name'!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MrMarv excellent input!

@Calgarylass welcome to the forums! I'll be happy to help here. Smiley Happy In order to help me get a better pic of the situation could you please post me a screenshot of  what you're describing?

I'll be looking forward to your new comments! 

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
Hi

Attached is screenshot of husband’s fitbit dashboard.  He doesn’t know what he did but I have tried following guidance from the forum on pressing the “+” sign but no other tiles come up.  He want his ‘steps’ back.

Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Calgarylass thanks for the update but in this case, I haven't been able to see this screenshot. From what you're describing, it sounds to me that your husband's tracker might not be properly set up on his account. Have him try the following please:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose his device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
Hi Mariam

Thank you for your reply.  Sorry you couldn’t see the screenshot – I may try that again.

His fitbit was set up correctly the first time with the inclusion of the steps as the main counter at the top and with the sleep and heart rate.  He doesn’t know what he did to change it, hence my problem trying to resolve the issue.

I will try the screenshot again later.

Kind regards

Christine Marshall
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Calgarylass - 

If you are responding using the email option, attaching images seems not to work using that method; you have to attach them while using the web interface.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes