Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit app not recording Intense Activity as exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

when i do a mix of running and weights, fitbit often picks this up as Intense Activity. Unfortunately it doesn’t record it as exercise, which is wrong since its often more of a calorie burn than running for the same period. so two questions:

1 is there a way to manually recategorize Intense Activity?
2 is there a way to manually force the fitbit app to recognize an activity as exercise?

ty

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Why not manually start/stop the exercise using the "Workout" activity (depending on your device), and then rename your workout after it has uploaded?

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer
0 Votes

You could also probably manually add an activity after you're done. Enter the activity, the start time and duration, and it should do the rest. I had to do this the other day. I had forgotten to stop my activity for 13 hours, so I manually added the activity and it grabbed all the HR data and everything else.

Unfortunately, I think getting your device to recognize the specific activity can be a bit more difficult. There are various sensors and software algorithms that try too interpret the sensor data to determine what you'r doing, which is pretty tough.

60+, strength and cardio

Best Answer
0 Votes

ty, all. this feels like a bit of an oversight by fitbit. if an activity can’t be recognized by the app, there should be a way to manually classify the activity and/or be able to tell the app it’s exercise. oh, well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the activity?

60+, strength and cardio

Best Answer
0 Votes

intense activity. happens mostly when i mix weight work and running. 

Best Answer
0 Votes