Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

% help

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to change the Macro's from what's set up already...is that possible? I need to have mine set to Carbs 10%, Fat and Protein set to 45%.  I need to have them set this way because of my PCOS issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner -

Yes ma'am - calories out equals calories burned.

And if it is not too much information (the good ol' TMI), calories out includes you BMR, which stands for Basic Metabolic Rate, the amount of calories burned just to keep the body functioning. Like breathing for one thing, and keeping the heart pumping for another.

A person's BMR is normally around 1 calorie a minute. Mine is 1.2 and my wife's is 1.1.

We don't need for me to start waxing about BMR and how it is calculated and why on average a man's BMR is higher, yada, yada, yada. I suggest you google it.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@SunsetRunner -

Neither the app nor the Web interface show targets for macronutrients. They both show dynamically calculated percentages each time you log food. 

All of the the help articles discuss USDA recommendations, but the values you see are calculations based on your reported intake. 

USDA says c : 45-65, f: 20-35 and p: 10-35. 

My values for yesterday read c : 41, f : 41 and p : 15. A little high on the fat because I ate a larger amount of nuts yesterday. 

Bottom line - Fitbit doesn’t allow you to set goals and grade you on macros, but it does display the percentage of calories taken in during the day for each macro. And recalculates them throughout the day. 

I hope this helps and welcome to the boards.  

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
Thank you so much for letting me know! I will keep an eye on things as I go
throughout the day. Today's going to be my real first full day using the
food/cals option as I was off work over the holiday and ate like a cow
lol. I'm not sure if you can answer this....but... I have my cals set at
1300, I've ate as of right now 453 cals and 873 cals out...that means that
I've burned 873 cals correct? Just wanting to keep enough cals coming in
as I have a run tonight. I've never paid much attention to my burned cals
before...this could be why I'm struggling to lose like I'd want.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner -

Yes ma'am - calories out equals calories burned.

And if it is not too much information (the good ol' TMI), calories out includes you BMR, which stands for Basic Metabolic Rate, the amount of calories burned just to keep the body functioning. Like breathing for one thing, and keeping the heart pumping for another.

A person's BMR is normally around 1 calorie a minute. Mine is 1.2 and my wife's is 1.1.

We don't need for me to start waxing about BMR and how it is calculated and why on average a man's BMR is higher, yada, yada, yada. I suggest you google it.

Best Answer