Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to set up fitbit connect on mac

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

can someone tell me how to set up the fitbit connect on mac? It keeps on saying turn on bluetooth and i have but i dont see my charge 2.

“Just keep swimming,Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming”- Dory
If you find my answers helpful, Vote for them and accept them as the Solution!
Ionic | Charge 2 | iPad 2017 running iOS 12.1.2 Beta
Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @supersmart01234

I'll help you setting up your Fitbit. Please follow these steps:

1. Download the Fitbit Connect software from the setup page. Install it.
  2. Once it is installed, open the software and click on 'Set up a New Fitbit Device'.
  3. Turn the Bluetooth on and then follow the on screen instructions.

Hope you find this useful! Let me know if you have nay further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Hey - Did you get this fixed.. I was given a Versa for my birthday.. Downloaded the desktop Connect dashboard and attempted to pair my watch but.... the app says VERSA is for mobile setup only. 

Unfortunately the watch says use your laptop version of the dashboard to download music... 

um Catch 22 can anyone advise???

Dawn 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Dawn119.

Thanks for bringing this up. In this case I'd like to ask you a couple of questions:

• What OS are you running on your computer?
  • If it is Windows 10, you can download the Fitbit app from the Microsoft store and it should let you sync your Fitbit.
  • Do you have any mobile device at hand that you could use to setup your Versa?

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I'm having the same challenges as Dawn119 

Setting up the versa wasn't an issue, used a mobile to do that. But to get music on the versa the desktop app is required. I'm using a new-ish Mac, running High Sierra. The desktop application is stuck on looking for the device. I've turned the blue tooth off on my phone, and plugged the wireless charging station into my laptop as well and the laptop isn't finding the device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @snita.

Thanks for sharing your experience and for letting us know what you have tried.

In this case I'd recommend that you try to go through the steps on this thread. Some users have definitely found it to be very useful. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! I have been having trouble synchronising my Fitbit Charge 2 with my Macbook. At first, it said it couldn't find the Sync Dongle, so I bought a new one. Now that I have a new dongle, it still doesn't work. Fitbit connect says there's no internet connection (but that can't be correct because I'm writing this). My Macbook's Bluetooth definitely works because it is connect to another (music) device. I have already tried deleting and reinstalling Fitbit Connect on my macbook. 

Could anyone please help me? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit connect software for the Mac doesn't show the Ionic. There's nothing on it to set up any later than the Charge 2. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@carinaoreilly   The Ionic can only be set up on a compatible smartphone/tablet or a Widows 10 PC using the Windows 10 app for Fitbit.   Ionic manual 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How many people have to complain you cannot set charge 4 up to sun on a Mac.  Keeps telling you to turn on blue tooth.  does not matter if you have toggle or not

Best Answer
0 Votes

You cannot and no one at fitbit has come up with a solution no matter how many times you turn bluetooth on and off and on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got a new inspire 2 and I want to set it up on mac so I can add info easier. it wont let me no matter what I do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes