Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it bugs?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I am using Fitbit zip, lately I found the unusual happen with my fitbit, for example in this week, I found the records as 

Date                                             Steps

Mon 11/12/2017                           7916

Tues 12/12/2017                          24475

Weds 13/12/2017                         20814

Thurs 14/12/2017                         21360

Fri 15/12/2017                              21694

dashboard display 96569 steps

while in the challenge with my friends, it only displayed 62328 steps

from my basic addition maths knowledge, I found something is not right. please tell me where the wrong things are, my maths knowledge or the bugs in your Fitbit app? I am using FitBit App on the Iphone 5SE or iOS 11..1.1 (15B202) Fitbit Version 2.43.1 (732)

Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks

Khanh

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@Khanh, were some of the steps recorded during that time created by manually entering exercise activities?  Those are shown on the dashboard, but not counted towards challenges or the leaderboard - only actual steps counted by the tracker are used for challenges.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@USAF-Larry 

Thank you for your response, I do not know how to enter step manually to the dashboard, however I do not want to cheating my friends in my contests. I always sync my iPhone with my zip Fitbit that is how I upload my step to Fitbit dashboard

Do you have any ideas?

PS: I capture screen but do now know how to upload it to your forums

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Khanh, are you in the same time zone as the person who started the challenge?  When participants are in different timezones the steps are synced based on the timezone of the person who started your challenge, so some of your day's steps may sync later (or not at all, if you took those steps outside the running time of the challenge).

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Julia_G

Thanks for your kindly response! the time zone differed is 30 minutes (Starter is South Australia & I am in Victoria - Australia), the contest is 1 week long, I could accept time zone differences but the different in counting steps is huge. lots of steps are missing, 20k+ steps are missing, could you make 20k+ steps in 30 minutes? may be I need very good hiking boots 😛

however there is one more information I found is not right as

steps           distant(km               Cals                            minutes             date 

26902          3.53                        4061                           0                       15-Dec-2017

174              0.11                        418                              0                       16-Dec-2017

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(Previous)

21360          13.52                      2482                          122                     14-Dec-2017

Could you see something is not right? I am not complaining but I want to find out what is wrong before I could get it fixed. 

Would you kindly help?     

Thank you for your time and I personally wish you to have good weekends

Regards

Khanh

Best Answer
0 Votes