Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple devices not working correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

so im losing steps because the ios app is not recongnizing when i switch my fitbit. whats the solution to this? this feature is a great idea but might as well remove it if it can't work as described by fitbit.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

You must sync the device you are wearing before switching over

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Yes, i did that, but it didn't remain connected for some reason...i guess the 2 fitbits can't be in close proximity...thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ciccidasWhat Fitbits are you using and which do you consider your primary Fitbit..?

I don't have  "All day sync" on both trackers and only have "Always Connect" on the primary.

How are you using the trackers? The primary for day to day and the secondary for planned exercise.

@ciccidas wrote:

so im losing steps because the ios app is not recongnizing when i switch my fitbit. whats the solution to this? this feature is a great idea but might as well remove it if it can't work as described by fitbit.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Hello @ciccidas@Colinm39 and @WendyB!

Thanks for coming in to help @WendyB and @Colinm39.

@ciccidas Please do let us know about what @Colinm39 asked, that could shed some light into what is going on. Also, could you go a bit more in-depth into what is it that is happening?

Look forward to your reply

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I have a Blaze as my primary and charge Secondary. Neither one will sync consistently. Or ever. I have to delete one to sync the other. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have no issues syncing and I'm wearing my Ionic and Fitbit One concurrently.. I can manually sync the One when it has the extra steps, that works and then the Ionic (Primary). As posted earlier.. No All day Sync and the Ionic "Always Connected" and the One "Not always connected". That allows me to sync on demand when I open the App.

AND....don't believe what you see on the phone.. It can take up to 5 minutes for the server to update your phone.. Most times about 1-2 minutes.. I have tested and proved that many times.

I have asked many times for Fitbit to post a sequencing of Syncing. The majority of times I have found it's -----> Server ------> Phone ----> Fitbit.. Also when I create a manual record on the phone it's always on the Server first, and in the time it takes me to open the Activities Internet browser link. I normally view it there, rather than wait the 2 minutes or so for the calculated HR's etc to show on the phone.. It gets there eventually.

I find that , even though there is no new activity showing on the phone, it's always there on the PC Dashboard. I tend to go into the phone browser and check that.. I have internet links on the phone for my most used Fitbit sites.

Screenshot_20180807-052505.pngIonic to server 30may18.jpgactivity 30may18.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Sancho_Snaps! Hello @Colinm39.

@Colinm39 That is a very in-depth explanation and pictures. Thanks for posting that.

@Sancho_Snaps Did you setup notifications with your Blaze? That could cause your phone to pair with it and thus it won't sync with any other Fitbit device. You can remove this pairing by going into your phone's Bluetooth settings and removing the Blaze from there.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

i'm getting the app to sync to the appropriate fitbit ( i have an alta and flex2), but now it seems to be counting steps twice...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ciccidas.

Thanks for letting us know.

Are you wearing both devices at the same time or are you alternating them? Also, how did you notice that steps are being counted twice?

Look forward to your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes