Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old fitbit Charge 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

While traveling this summer, I lost my fitbit in our truck.  I replaced it and when I returned home the old fitbit (Charge2) surfaces.  2 questions.  The old fb is showing date of 9/22 and today is 10/18.  How do I fix that? Secondly, I want to set this FB up for my husband with his own account.  How do I do that without affecting the data I have collected for almost a year?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Good questions, @caronmaw. And I'm happy you found the original Fitbit!

The first thing to do is sinc your new Fitbit to your account.  When you added the new one  to your account, you should not have lost any of your data.

Next, remove the old Fitbit from your account, if it is still there. And be sure to go to your Bluetooth settings and "forget" the old phone. If it is too confusing to tell the difference between the two of them, go ahead and remove both. Your data will stay connected to your account. 

Then, have your husband add the Fitbit app to his smart phone and create his account. Important - while he is doing this, place your new fitbit in a room away from where he is. This should correct the date. And the data collected on his wrist will now be recorded to his account. 

If you need to add the new Fitbit back to your account, do it now, but in a room away from hubby's Charge 2. We don't want to mix up up the two identical devices. 😉

I hope I did not make this too confusing. If I did, please let me know. Also, let us know how it works out!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Good questions, @caronmaw. And I'm happy you found the original Fitbit!

The first thing to do is sinc your new Fitbit to your account.  When you added the new one  to your account, you should not have lost any of your data.

Next, remove the old Fitbit from your account, if it is still there. And be sure to go to your Bluetooth settings and "forget" the old phone. If it is too confusing to tell the difference between the two of them, go ahead and remove both. Your data will stay connected to your account. 

Then, have your husband add the Fitbit app to his smart phone and create his account. Important - while he is doing this, place your new fitbit in a room away from where he is. This should correct the date. And the data collected on his wrist will now be recorded to his account. 

If you need to add the new Fitbit back to your account, do it now, but in a room away from hubby's Charge 2. We don't want to mix up up the two identical devices. 😉

I hope I did not make this too confusing. If I did, please let me know. Also, let us know how it works out!

Best Answer
0 Votes