Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

steps disappearing in Friends?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since Tuesday (I think) all the step totals in Friends have been dropping by between 9000/10000 steps a a day...I would post screen grabs but the crappy GUI won't let me upload them.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your Friends total is a rolling 7-day total. That is, it shows the current day plus the 6 previous complete days. When the tracker resets at midnight, the 7th day back drops out and the new current day starts at 0. So the total is always less in the morning than in the evening, by the number of steps in the day that dropped from the calculation of the 7-day total.

Does this explain what you are seeing.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Your Friends total is a rolling 7-day total. That is, it shows the current day plus the 6 previous complete days. When the tracker resets at midnight, the 7th day back drops out and the new current day starts at 0. So the total is always less in the morning than in the evening, by the number of steps in the day that dropped from the calculation of the 7-day total.

Does this explain what you are seeing.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
0 Votes

it does, thank you...newbie error 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand what you are saying but In the past all the points add on so you can compete with friends if my points keep disappearing it doesn’t work 

Best Answer
0 Votes