Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to-date chartput - of combined (bpr, cals, sleep) variables

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dear moderator, 
i have not been able to find similar topics/request. pls advise.

Suggestion is to add 1 graphic to allow more complete assessment of progress over time, similar to the Year-to-date view. I did so by integrating existing/ available data export, no major change was needed for dash boarding - I only created chart output. 

year to date.jpg
I truly believe that when measuring fitness this view  should not be ignored.

my idea would be this;

to me, fit means an assessment on multiple measurements. And thus my progress on each and progress overall. the latter goes especially for when tracking development over time in preparation to competitions for example.

Currently the dashboard is sub optimal to asses overall progress. But why not combine the trends? 

Ideally i would like to answer the following examples based on 1 chart:

- if i exercise more (cal output)?, does my sleep increase?, and is my resting bpr lower?

- if i improve my diet, doe i sleep better, is my bpr better....

it is not for statistical purpose, or causal explanation. More, if all else remains the same it would tell me if i'm improving or not, and where to work on. If I should give priority to interval training, sleep time, diet etc.

pls find a mockup via below link - based on sample data - of how i did this, using available data. and showing development of all indicators - in one graph over time in months.

steps

1. use data export available dashboard numbers (per month --> better per week or day!)

2. Convert indicators with factor - so it fits in 1 graph progress is only about trend, not actual number

3. create chart, delete Y axis (no relevance)

4. review trends of all indicators over time

Its a more direct measure than the VO2max. Hope this helps and gives you some advantage. it would surely be advantage to Athletes.

to view data-conversion + chart output go to:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cwIPAOsz8C3Au7lQ6JrasU9bqs7CTy-a/view?usp=sharing

kind regards, 

ps; I ignore altitude, distance, VO2max due time constraint and relevance for my case.
pps for casu i'm only considering measurements taken by fitbit. I'm ignoring other relevant indicators for full assement of progress/recovery not taken by fitbit like body temperature, hart rate variability HRV. etc. 

Moderator edit: Removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Forums @RtB85.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on the matter. I could definitely see your suggestion being useful to other users.

The best place to post it would be our Feature Suggestion board. There you can have the suggestion be  voted on and supported by other users in much clearer way. Perhaps you could go ahead and post it in there. Be sure to read the FAQ if you have any questions on how that board works.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @RtB85.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on the matter. I could definitely see your suggestion being useful to other users.

The best place to post it would be our Feature Suggestion board. There you can have the suggestion be  voted on and supported by other users in much clearer way. Perhaps you could go ahead and post it in there. Be sure to read the FAQ if you have any questions on how that board works.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

thank you, I posted suggestion following your suggestion

i'll close this posting

new posting @ featured suggestions:

- label: [website dashboard]

- the ultimate graph for fitness progression - integrating (bpr, cal, sleep) variables.

Best Answer

Hello @RtB85.

I apologize for my delayed response. Thanks for posting it. 

For other users that'd like to support this suggestion, you can click here to see it. Remember that you can comment on it or vote for it to show your support. 

Let me know if there is anything else I can help out with.

Best Answer