Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 fell out of my wrist band.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After owning two flex models, I switched to the flex 2 when it came out (last month).  Two days ago my tracker fell out of the wristband some time while I was wearing it.  I went to tap it after a 2 mile walk, and it was gone!  I'm very disappointed!  I never had this problem with the flex.  It was only a few weeks old!

Best Answer
147 REPLIES 147

I have to say customer service is amazing. I wrote to them and they have sent me a new one. Great service!

Best Answer
0 Votes
That is awesome! I had more trouble with lots of back and forth over
several days, but they helped to get mine replaced as well recently . I
ended up buying the Tusita bands on Amazon to keep from losing it again. 9
colors, $5.99!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was awaken this morning at 4:30 to the sound of my dog crunching something. It was the chip from my Flexbit 2. It must have fallen out during a nighttime trip to the bathroom. The chip is ruined. Many of these posts mention losing the chip, but more importantly is the problem that a pet or a small child could find the chip. This could have tragic consequences. 

Best Answer

My daughter's fell out at school.  She noticed it after we picked her up.  Needless to say, we were pretty mad. "how can it just fall out?" Then it seems after searching, maybe it wasn't her fault!  So we were permitted to search the playground.  The app synced right away- we knew it was out there... somewhere.  Downloaded the LiteBue app that picks up bluetooth signals.  The signal would drop and get stronger and weaker.  Finally we found a pretty strong signal but couldn't find it.  With a sweeping motion, we were able to get a better reading. It was buried in gravel at the bottom of a slide.  The last active hour was 10 am and this was now 4:30 pm.

It took us over an hour to find it but we were lucky.

In order to prevent future instances, we just wrapped two small rubber bands around the band in hopes to keep it in.

I don't know if it's become stretched from having it in water/pool, or just poor design

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine fell out as well, right after I got the Flex 2. I contacted support who stated it was not covered by the warranty. They stated they would make an "exception" for me and sent me a new one. Well the second one just fell out again. I contacted support again who now stated they can only give me a discount on a different tracker because they can't make an "exception" again. Support stated there are NO OTHER REPORTS of this problem. Funny... I see a few hundred reports of this problem right here. Doesn't seem like I should buy another tracker from Fitbit when they won't stand behind their product that has an obvious problem, but instead they suggest I just spend more money with them... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What should they do?  Just keep replenishing you?

I bought one of these (suggested on this thread) Tusita things for the Flex 2. It won't happen again to me.

The post before you said they put rubber bands on their kid's flexer.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So because their product is faulty, I should have to buy extra stuff to
make it not fall off my wrist? Yeah that makes sense
Best Answer

I had the same issue!  I was traveling last week and went to sync my fitbit, and it couldn't sync.  Went to tap my flex2 and it was gone!  Because I was traveling I could not fully retrace my steps to find it.  I did try to sync again in the car, hotel lobby, elevators, parking lot, and room.  So disappointed!  $60 is too expensive to have to continually replace.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with Biggs, the wristband is just not that good. The clipping is not that firm, f.i. if you wear tight sleeves and you slide your wrist through the sleeve it has happend to me several times that the wrist band fell off. Also the rubber around the tracker loosens up after some time... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

band too loose?

Best Answer

Exactly, my friend wears hers tight, and never loses it. I have mine loose, lost it 2 times, (found them both times, TG) and bought a Tusita. So it can't fall out now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not at all. I was conscious of losing it so I made sure to never wear it too loosely. The problem is that the band can roll on your wrist and the pebble will then fall out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I never had mine too lose that the pebble would fall out. I was very conscious of this. I would wear my band tight, but the problem is that the band can still roll on your wrist, once that happens the pebble can fall out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If it can roll around on your wrist, it's too loose.

The hole is smaller than the flex so the gap from the band to your wrist must be bigger than the flex 2.

Tightnen the band slightly and it should resolve the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You obviously don't own this band if you think that will fix the problem. With the band as tight as I can possibly make it, it will still twist on my wrist (or roll) if enough pressure is applied to it. The band is a rubbery substances that stretches. Once it rolls, the gap is open to all directions and the pebble can fall out

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Biggs9932

I have a fitbit flex 2. If I tighten my band, the band doesn't roll and it would be impossible to fall out because:

1. the hole in the band is smaller than the flex 2

2. the gap between band and flex 2 is smaller than the flex 2

What are you doing so that even really tight the band rolls? Even if it did roll, the hole is smaller than the flex 2.

The only way it could happen is if the band was so incredibly loose and:

1. the hole in the band is bigger than the flex 2

2. the gap between band and flex 2 is larger than the flex 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

<joins the party>

It's happened to me twice now. The fact that I managed to find it the first time is frankly staggering: it'd fallen out of the wrist band and landed down a deep hole in my friend's garden, it took us over an hour of making it vibrate to dig it out! I put that down to a fluke but then yesterday I was putting my coat on and I just saw it drop to the floor. I hadn't been doing anything that would disturb it, it was just luck that it happened at home and that I saw it land. 

I've had it since Christmas - do I need a new wristband do we think? It doesn't look like the band is loose but it must be, and I'd rather address it while I can.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ln1405 I know exactly what you mean! I have never lost mine, but have started using a couple of hair elastics on it just in case! You can hardly even see them, but it makes me feel better

Dont know how I did that two photos is overkill, but I cant seem to get rid of either of them!

Small clear hair elastics over flex 2Small clear hair elastics over flex 2

Small clear hair elastics over flex 2Small clear hair elastics over flex 2

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly, the verdict is in, you need some sort of reinforcement.

Fitbit 2's should come w/a Tusita. (I got 9 for $ 6 from Amazon). Or at least a warning, no one thinks about it until it happens, then you find a forum w/an endless thread like this.

Other than that, I'm 100% happy w/the $60 I paid for it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I sync my Fitbit 2 lost it on holiday and can,t find it. Please help me locate it . I go home on Saturday find to find it before then xxx

Best Answer
0 Votes