Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 not vibrating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit flex 2 has decided to stip vibrating for alarm or messages & calls. How can i make it start again?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
131 REPLIES 131

Are you by any chance using a magnetic clip instead of the wrist band?

I bought a clip because I like to wear it on my waistband (and enjoy my watches and bracelets) and the vibrations stopped. I thought my Fitbit was broken, but when I put it the wristband holder it worked.

I further tested it by setting up several alarms, 2 minutes apart, and found that when it was clipped with the magnet the lights lit up but there was no vibrating. When I had it in the same holder but had it "open" (the magnet was not near the Fitbit) it vibrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you by any chance using a third party magnetic clip instead of the wrist band?

I bought a clip because I like to wear it on my waistband (and enjoy my watches and bracelets) and the vibrations stopped. I thought my Fitbit was broken, but when I put it the wristband holder it worked.

I further tested it by setting up several alarms, 2 minutes apart, and found that when it was clipped with the magnet the lights lit up but there was no vibrating. When I had it in the same holder but had it "open" (the magnet was not near the Fitbit) it vibrated.

Video of notifications of the Fitbit Flex 2 using a 3rd party magentic clip. When "open" it vibrates...

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I was using the wristband only.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marie

i have the same problem with mine not vibrating with notifications or when reached step count. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Request a replacement - the vibration motors do t seem to b very reliable ! My replacement Flex 2 didn’t vibrate either🤨

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has stopped vibrating as well,  I've tried resetting, but it didn't help or fix anything

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think there must B major problems with the vibration motors! Customer Service was great & sent out a brand new one - unfortunately the replacement never worked either ! I’ve also found the battery life is pretty short! I use my non- vibrating flex 2 ( original purchase) & I have to re- charge it every 3 days!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried all these steps too and nothing seems to make it vibrate again, it stopped vibrating about 6 months ago, and I thought maybe it would just come back but it hasn’t. It still works perfectly fine in all other ways, who should I contact? I only bought it in May last year!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner   You need to contact Support. Link in my signature

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello my flex2 us not vibrating to,  i just got it yesturday from argos and i tried all sugestions listed in this forum, what should i do? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
You should return it i think the motor goes in them.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems the vibration issue is really common.

I bought a Flex 2 and out the box the vibrate didn't work at all. 

Support were great and a new device was shipped out to me and arrived within 2 days. I was sadly let down as the replacement had the same issue as the first. No vibration under any circumstances.

Contact support and again they've been great and a third one is being shipped out to me. Third time lucky maybe? I'm not holding my breath and concerned how long the vibrate will work even if it arrives in working order.

The offer from Fitbit of sending a new flex 2 or 50% off a new device doesn't really help as I've only just bought the Flex 2 at £50 and if I went for the Alta HR at about £100 with 50% then I'd ultimately be spending £100 for the Alta HR which is full price anyway. If I'd got a year out of the flex 2 then I may consider the upgrade but at present because I've had the flex 2 less than a week then buying the Alta at it's buying a more expensive device that I didn't want or can afford makes no sense.

It seems that there are obvious quality issues with the Flex 2. People who I know who bought earlier 2017 have no issues whereas those purchased more recently seem to have issues. 

Very frustrated. Hopefully third time lucky but I'll be looking at refund if the third one arrives broken. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I hope that the next one you get works out! It seems to be a problem they
experience. I can live without the vibrating, but it's frustrating that
something doesn't work as promised.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I hope you sorted it out. Best take it back to Argos directly if you can.
Best Answer
0 Votes

wrote:

Seems the vibration issue is really common.

I bought a Flex 2 and out the box the vibrate didn't work at all. 

Support were great and a new device was shipped out to me and arrived within 2 days. I was sadly let down as the replacement had the same issue as the first. No vibration under any circumstances.

Contact support and again they've been great and a third one is being shipped out to me. Third time lucky maybe? I'm not holding my breath and concerned how long the vibrate will work even if it arrives in working order.

The offer from Fitbit of sending a new flex 2 or 50% off a new device doesn't really help as I've only just bought the Flex 2 at £50 and if I went for the Alta HR at about £100 with 50% then I'd ultimately be spending £100 for the Alta HR which is full price anyway. If I'd got a year out of the flex 2 then I may consider the upgrade but at present because I've had the flex 2 less than a week then buying the Alta at it's buying a more expensive device that I didn't want or can afford makes no sense.

It seems that there are obvious quality issues with the Flex 2. People who I know who bought earlier 2017 have no issues whereas those purchased more recently seem to have issues. 

Very frustrated. Hopefully third time lucky but I'll be looking at refund if the third one arrives broken. 

Thought I'd follow the above post up with the conclusion to my own experience.

I purchased first Fitbit Flex 2 ten days ago. Vibrate functionality of the device did not work at all.

Rang Fitbit support who were excellent and they sent me a replacement Flex 2.

The second Flex 2 arrived and after unpacking it was clear it had exactly the same issue as the first.

Again support were great and sent me another Flex 2. It arrived yesterday evening.

Third time lucky it works. It vibrates and is still working this morning. So that's three in just over a week.

Overall impressions are that Fitbit support are excellent but I've reservations on the quality or lack-of with the devices. Currently I would not recommend and probably wont' be another but I'll see how long this current device lasts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i know this is a bit outdated and might be the wrong forum, but mine has done the exact same thing.  i have followed all instructions and suggestions, and still, my Flex2 will not vibrate, not even when plugged in, or restarted.    any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  possibly a replacement?  

thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

i know this is a bit outdated and might be the wrong forum, but mine has done the exact same thing.  i have followed all instructions and suggestions, and still, my Flex 2 will not vibrate, not even when plugged in, or restarted.    any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  possibly a replacement?  

thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dudechevy57  Sounds like you need to contact Support to me (link in my signature

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine isn't vibrating either. I have tried the hard reset on the Fitbit, reinstalled the app, shut my phone done 3 or 4 times.

No notifications, no reminders to get up and move. Nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought mine in July 2017, and it stopped vibrating around Christmas I think. I just started researching it now because I didn't realize that there is web support!

Best Answer
0 Votes