Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 not vibrating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit flex 2 has decided to stip vibrating for alarm or messages & calls. How can i make it start again?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
131 REPLIES 131
i called fitbit, explained what happened, and they’re sending a replacement.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ricstowrote:

wrote:

Seems the vibration issue is really common.

I bought a Flex 2 and out the box the vibrate didn't work at all. 

Support were great and a new device was shipped out to me and arrived within 2 days. I was sadly let down as the replacement had the same issue as the first. No vibration under any circumstances.

Contact support and again they've been great and a third one is being shipped out to me. Third time lucky maybe? I'm not holding my breath and concerned how long the vibrate will work even if it arrives in working order.

The offer from Fitbit of sending a new flex 2 or 50% off a new device doesn't really help as I've only just bought the Flex 2 at £50 and if I went for the Alta HR at about £100 with 50% then I'd ultimately be spending £100 for the Alta HR which is full price anyway. If I'd got a year out of the flex 2 then I may consider the upgrade but at present because I've had the flex 2 less than a week then buying the Alta at it's buying a more expensive device that I didn't want or can afford makes no sense.

It seems that there are obvious quality issues with the Flex 2. People who I know who bought earlier 2017 have no issues whereas those purchased more recently seem to have issues. 

Very frustrated. Hopefully third time lucky but I'll be looking at refund if the third one arrives broken. 

Thought I'd follow the above post up with the conclusion to my own experience.

I purchased first Fitbit Flex 2 ten days ago. Vibrate functionality of the device did not work at all.

Rang Fitbit support who were excellent and they sent me a replacement Flex 2.

The second Flex 2 arrived and after unpacking it was clear it had exactly the same issue as the first.

Again support were great and sent me another Flex 2. It arrived yesterday evening.

Third time lucky it works. It vibrates and is still working this morning. So that's three in just over a week.

Overall impressions are that Fitbit support are excellent but I've reservations on the quality or lack-of with the devices. Currently I would not recommend and probably wont' be another but I'll see how long this current device lasts.

Just thought I'd update this. 

The vibrate function didn't work at all from new out the box.

Fitbit sent me another device that also didn't vibrate.

Fitbit sent me a third device that vibrates but doesn't hold charge for longer than 24 hours. Red light constantly on when charging and red light flashes when tapping device. Device seems to work ok but less than a day battery life and three devices in 10 days is not good. Support have been amazing but I'm looking for a refund which is a shame as the flex 2 is awesome and exactly what I was looking for, small enough to wear with a traditional watch and nice app but the quality of the hardware is highly questionable. Fitbit must surely know about these issues as they seem really common.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi my Fitbit has stopped vibrating. I've followed all of the steps you suggested and nothing has changed. Is there anything else I should try?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you have restarted it several times with no improvement you will need to contact Support.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Mine only ever worked for about a month.  Now it is just under a year old and it won’t charge.  Customer support wants to know where I reside now to check on warranty?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Frogs162 that sounds reasonable  me. What is the problem?

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@NellyG What does it matter where I live?  The warranty should not be finished before the 12 months is up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really dont know, but does it matter? Im sure they get lots of scammers trying it on.

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Hi

I have the same issue vibrations do not work at all.  I’ve followed the suggested tests in this thread and still the Fitbit doesn’t vibrate.

can you raise a case for me to please?  I think I need a new one I only bought this 1 week ago.

thanks

simon

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SimonLondon you need to contact Support (link in my signature )

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Hey everyone if you are having issues with the vibration motor on your tracker you can always try restarting it by doing the following:

Flex 2

1.- Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger.
2.- Remove the pebble from the wristband and press it into the compartment on the charging cable. The pins on the charging cable must align with the corresponding pins on the back of the pebble to lock securely in place.
You’ll know the connection is secure when the pebble vibrates and you see the indicator lights blinking.
3.- Find the button on the charging cable below the tracker compartment.
4.- Press it three times within five seconds. The tracker vibrates each time you press the button. A few seconds after the third press, all the lights will flash simultaneously. This means the pebble has restarted. If you miss the light flash but notice the pebble has resumed charging, that too is confirmation that the restart was successful.
5.- Remove the pebble from the charging cable and insert it back into the wristband.

You can also try setting an alarm to test it. 

If this doesn't work then please follow @NellyG suggestion and contact our support team so they can assist you with this issue. @SimonLondon you will get an email from Support.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I did all these steps, in order, twice to no avail.

The vibration works for phone calls, just not for texts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just checking @RavenGrl23. Do you have notifications for text messages turned on (you have to turn it on separately from the phone calls)

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Hello there, I can help with you this afternoon, My 2 has the same issue as yours but I have a way to fix it. 

(I would go to Fibit.com/HELP

OR 

restart your flex

Best Answer
0 Votes

Triple restart did it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

I have tried both steps listed above & they had not solved my issue of no vibration in my flex 2. Need help pls!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@g19261 then it is probably a faulty vibration motor and you need to contact Support (link in my signature )

Community Council Member

Best Answer

I just did. Thanks

Best Answer
Yah I can maybe solve your problem.
Try just getting a new tracker for the flex 2
This has happened to me. So I have got a new tracker it’s not any money keep your old one and they will send the new tracker to you.
Hope this helped,
AnswerK
P.S they will just say “keep your old one and we will give you the new one. ☺️
Hope this worked.

Yours Truly,
AnswerK
Best Answer
0 Votes

Aloha @MarreFitbit!

I have the same issue as @Ljqoatb..  My Flex 2 will not vibrate for alarms, calls or messages 

I've tried what you suggested 2 times.  When I reset the pebble it blinks as though a call is coming in but still does not vibrate during the reset.  Is mine broken? 

Best Answer
0 Votes