Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 stopped syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please help, i have had my fitbit for aprox a week. Everything was great but all of a sudden yesterday it has stopped syncing with my samsung phone. This is really frustrating! As far as i can tell the fitbit is still tracking me but just stopped syncing. I have tried everything suggested on the webpage (bluetooth, disconnect bla bla) please help

Best Answer
118 REPLIES 118
Done it all over and over. So frustrating. I own every Fitbit and this has been the worst as far as sync issues and setup!
Best Answer
I am having the same problem. My tracker is only a week old and I have repeatedly followed all of the steps in the troubleshooter advice. Fast getting over it.
Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. It has the delightful additional glitch of briefly showing the number of steps I did at the end of the day (but not active minutes or hours with more than 250 steps), and then un-syncing, and displaying that I did 0 steps. I have apparently done zero steps every day this week (despite being told at least once that it had 'seen' several thousand steps each day. 

Best Answer

Same here. It finally worked once last night at 7 and again hasn't since. 👿

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yup, that's exactly what mine is doing. Each day it does track the steps
but then the value resets to zero.
Best Answer

It's nice to see you around the Community @Irishpixie823! Since your tracker receives call and text notifications, your tracker has a Bluetooth "bond" with the mobile device that sends the notifications. This bond prevents the tracker from syncing with another mobile device or a computer.

To quickly and temporarily disable the bond, turn off Bluetooth on your mobile device. You can turn it back on later to resume syncing.

If you no longer use notifications, remove the bond:

1. Go to Settings > Bluetooth on your mobile device to to see a list of associated Bluetooth devices. This list might contain only your Fitbit tracker or also include devices like wireless speakers, headsets, etc.
  2. Tap your tracker and choose "Forget This Device" or "Disconnect" (exact language will differ depending on your operating system).

You can now set up your tracker using another mobile device or computer. For instructions see How do I set up my tracker?

If that doesn't work, I'd recommend following the troubleshooting steps I've shared here

Thanks for helping out my friend @gmorrell!

Happy stepping guys!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
So I decided to remove it and try to re pair ALLLLLLL NIGHT LONG to no avail. Returning it today. I'm over it. Put my Alta back on. I saw that I had over 22k steps yesterday too which I lost because it would never finish syncing. I was in a weekend challenge also and now my whole week is messed up. 👿
Best Answer
0 Votes

On Android there's a known issue with the latest version of the mobile app that's causing sync issues. They mention it here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1345

Android 5.0+

You may be unable to sync your tracker or use call, text, and calendar notifications.

It's mad they released an update knowing it's partially broken.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally gave up. Went to target and bought a new one. Synced up immediately just fine. Hopefully it stays that way. I'll be returning the other one. Sad that I lost my 22k steps from yesterday though.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

i find it very odd that all of our flex 2 trackers quit working properly on or around the same day...i've only had mine for 2 weeks and it stopped syncing on the 26th...i have followed all the steps except restarting the tracker...what options do we have now?...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I actually think it's the app rather than the trackers but then again, I'm
no tech expert. Strangely, mine synced without any issues this morning!
Best Answer
0 Votes

i just did a restart on mine but it's still not syncing...i'll contact customer support it guess...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope. I returned it and got another one and it works just fine.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I posted in this forum Saturday and just wanted to give an update that my Fitbit flex 2 did start syncing again. Not sure what the issue is. I went through every single troubleshooting item with no results, then all of a sudden later that day it started syncing again on its own. I did lose steps while it wasn't syncing, but everything seems ok now. Nothing on my phone or app changed. It just started working??
Best Answer
0 Votes

i just this minute got off the phone with customer support and they are sending me a new one...i've owned 4 fitbits and i find their customer support fabulous...

Best Answer
0 Votes

There seems to be a problem with the android app. The pebble is not syncing with the app; saying unable to connect to the server. However, the ios app is syncing and sync is happening through mac too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not true. I own all iOS. It wouldn't connect with any of my phones, iPad or iMac. The forum kept saying is was an issue with the latest ios10 update, but once I got a new flex 2 I haven't had any problems. There is an issue all around I think with the Fitbit flex 2. Once it finally syncs there is an update for it. I feel like if you can't get it to sync and do the update you're screwed.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting. Mine hasn't. Time to replace it I think.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well... mine synced ok for a few days. When I say ok, I mean that I got it to sync after a couple of unsuccessful attempts. Unforthunately, it hasn't synced since 11am yesterday. Sigh!
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit has not synched with the app since November 10th (its not nov. 14th). There is nothing wrong with my wifi connection, I've restarted my phone several times, and I've made sure the battery is fully charged. This is now the second problem I've had with my fitbit 2 and I'm praying I can find the receipt to return this waste of money.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer