Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 stopped syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please help, i have had my fitbit for aprox a week. Everything was great but all of a sudden yesterday it has stopped syncing with my samsung phone. This is really frustrating! As far as i can tell the fitbit is still tracking me but just stopped syncing. I have tried everything suggested on the webpage (bluetooth, disconnect bla bla) please help

Best Answer
118 REPLIES 118

Hm, mine hasn't synced up yet, either, after two days.  That's why I tried the help forum.  Mine's a beta version though, so maybe they're working on the issues...

Best Answer

@gello1028 @AnneBeta Welcome to our Community! Try restarting the bluetooth on your phone and then restart your trackers by doing the following:

1.- Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger.
2.- Remove the pebble from the wristband and press it into the compartment on the charging cable. The pins on the charging cable must align with the corresponding pins on the back of the pebble to lock securely in place.
You’ll know the connection is secure when the pebble vibrates and you see the indicator lights blinking.
3.- Find the button on the charging cable below the tracker compartment.
4.- Press it three times within five seconds. The tracker vibrates each time you press the button. A few seconds after the third press, all the lights will flash simultaneously. This means the pebble has restarted. If you miss the light flash but notice the pebble has resumed charging, that too is confirmation that the restart was successful.
5.- Remove the pebble from the charging cable and insert it back into the wristband.

After this retry syncing your tracker.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

It's nice to see you guys around the Community @AnneBeta @gello1028, hope you're doing good! If you're using Android device, please follow these troubleshooting steps, these ones for iOS, and these ones for Mac/computer. 

Keep me posted!  

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the following problem for a few days now. I don't think its the tracker issue but more about the fitbit app problem. Lately the flex 2 will only sync with the app if im on wifi connection, but not using my mobile data plan, my internet mobile data plan is fine because i can use all other apps and browse the internet with my phone fine.

I've tried.

- reinstalling fitbit

- Restarting the whole phone

- Disabled / enabled bluetooth

- Closed and opened the fitbit app

-Restarted the fitbit tracker

The day before yesterday suddenly started syncing again with the mobile plan and thought it fixed itself alone but yesterday and today same issue, only syncs over wifi connection. I haven't been able to find a fix for this specific. Im using the latest fitbit app. Also I haven't find any options that says that it should only sync over wifi or alike. Very frustrating.

Best Answer

Hmmm.... very strange let me say @Rodovalpty! I had this trouble a long time ago, but I found out that the reason why I wasn't able to sync with my cell data plan and just with Wi-Fi was because I consumed over 50% of my plan so my cell data wasn't strong enough to sync with my Fitbit App so I had to switch to Wi-Fi. My first thoughts about what's happening to you is that since I haven't heard something like this before. 

By any chance do you have another compatible devices which has cell data plan too you can try syncing with? 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

On a similar note... has anyone else experienced steps disappearing? Two days in a row now, it's buzzed to let me know I'm at 10,000 steps (and I know because I checked the light pattern and color and only have step goal and reminders to move turned on) and I'd glance down to see 10,000. Hours later, it would read 7800 or 9200 - after celebrating the 10,000 step milestone! Could it be because I'm doing laps around my apartment complex and going in and out of wifi? If so, they should really patch that bug because I bet a bunch of users do the same thing to get those extra steps in at the end of the day. 

Spoiler
Steps disappearing
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm having the same trouble. Tried all the steps and still it cannot sync. Should I take back?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay team - just tried 3 things and it worked!!! 

1. Make sure your app is updated - install the latest update if you haven't.

2. Once you've updated, turn your Bluetooth off, then restart your phone. 

3. Once started, turn Bluetooth back on, give it 3-4 minutes aaaand voila! 

All fixed. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is just not syncing over any network. It did temporarily fix itself
for two days and then right back to not syncing. I have followed all the
trouble shooting instructions and still nothing. I've restarted my phone,
reinstalled the app.....nothing! I'm returning a birthday gift from my
fiance. So disappointed!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys @Arica77@GnomesM@angco@reebvenners, @SunsetRunner, @daneloverduncan, and @chotothera, how are you guys! It seems that the most of your Flex 2 are syncing properly now. I believe that the issue was due to an old version of the Fitbit app. On the other side, I appreciate the time you took to fix these issues. If this happens again and you have tried all of the steps for iOS and Android devices, I suggest you to get in touch directly with our Support team. 

Looking forward to your new comments! Robot Very Happy 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
Not sure if this was the app or the new fitbit flex2 that I was sent.
thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @jettybean @mrs_teach @gello1028 and thanks for letting me know what you've done so far! For the ones who still have the syncing issue, I'd recommend following the recommendations that my friend @Thray kindly shares here

Hopefully that solves your issue as well, keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I returned mine and got a new one. No more problems. Mind you, it didn't
solve the mystery as to why my tablet could only get an old version of the
app!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Still having the issue of the app completely erasing my steps after it syncs though. I had to quit a few challenges because it happened twice this week where I had over 24k steps then it dropped it down to 274! So frustrating.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys! 

@MichaelG1, sounds pretty cool that your new Flex 2 is working without any inconveniences. Thanks for the update! The same to you @MichaelG1. In addition, I have another question, is it your Flex 2 working fine with your tablet? Did you make sure that your have a compatible device? if so, were you able to download the latest version of the Fitbit app? 

@Arica77, thanks for getting back to me! on your iOS, do you have the latest operation system installed? 

Catch ya' later! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is working on my iPhone and iPad....

Moderator edit: deleted personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I do. If only happens when I have more than one device connected. What's the point of being able to have more than one connected if it erases all of you steps?! So frustrating. I refuse to disconnect my flex 2 ever again since it has so many issues connecting in the first place. This is a bug that has been happening for over a year now.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had done this and it did work. But I also had to do it again in Monday. Each morning it takes forever to sync. This shouldn't be happening so often. I have an iPhone. I had the flex for 2 1/2 years and never had this much trouble. I believe there's an issue with the flex 2. I've done this twice since owning the flex 2 in about a months time. 😔

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine will sync after following all the steps of restarting the Bluetooth and app. But it's happening far too often. I'm hoping Fitbit will see all the issues with the flex 2 and will hopefully fix whatever is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes that works. I did it the other day. It was the second time I've had to do it since owning it a month. Each morning it is still so slow to sync. I am already in the car starting my day by the time it finally syncs. There's definitely an issue. I hope Fitbit will correct it. I love it! Just don't like going through all those steps all the time. 😔 Flex that I had 2 1/2 years before never had this issue. I want my flex 2 to be just as reliable.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes