Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 stopped syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please help, i have had my fitbit for aprox a week. Everything was great but all of a sudden yesterday it has stopped syncing with my samsung phone. This is really frustrating! As far as i can tell the fitbit is still tracking me but just stopped syncing. I have tried everything suggested on the webpage (bluetooth, disconnect bla bla) please help

Best Answer
118 REPLIES 118

If my fitbit flex2 is not synching, and I have:

-turned bluetooth off and on

-turned phone off and on

-reset the bit

-uninstalled and reinstalled the app

-tried with wifi both on and off

-made my Android forget all other Bluetooth devices that were paired in case they were interfering

-charged the bit

Any other ideas of things I could try?  Just signed up for a team competition and would be pretty bad if I couldn't contribute any steps 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope, continued to have problems despite several attempts with Customer Service to identify the problem. Gave up in the end and returned the product. Very disappointed with this.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My flex 2 need restart after I charged everytime, I just have this 2 weeks. Now even the restart is not woking. It is not syncing since this morning.Help.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Those are all that I have done. Did you reset your Fitbit? When in the charger there is a button on e back. Hit it three times. Trying these things have fixed mine but it's a hassle to do so often. Good luck.

Jamie <><
Best Answer
0 Votes

followed recommended procedure for sync -- did not work.  I have a Flex 2 -- have had it only two weeks.  HELP

Best Answer
0 Votes
I went to the replace device screen and had it replace the flex2( with itself) and also forgot the bluetooth pairing for the flex2 and let it re detect it. Between those two things it's syncing again.
Best Answer

If restarts are not fixing it then I fear it may be defective and would recommend you contact customer support via this link:

contact.fitbit.com

Best Answer

Hey @Arica77, I totally understand your frustration. That could only be a temporary solution, but it won't fix the problem at the end. So, if you haven't, I suggest you to get in touch with Fitbit Support directly and let them know about this issue. So they can further investigate it and offer you the best option to get you back on track. 

@angco, it is great to see you around! I'm sorry to hear that you had to return your Fitbit and you couldn't enjoy all of the great features they have. If you are interested in getting another tracker in the future and have questions about our products, keep us posted! 

Have a nice day! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
I've been having a syncing issue since the November 20th. It seems to be tracking my steps but not programming to the app. Starting saturday, the device also stopped giving me notifications of texts/ calls. I have android and it did have an update Friday.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @psklenar! Are you syncing with more than 2 mobile devices? Since your Flex 2 receives call and text notifications, your tracker has a Bluetooth "bond" with the mobile device that sends the notifications. This bond prevents the tracker from syncing with another mobile device or a computer.

To quickly and temporarily disable the bond, turn off Bluetooth on your mobile device. You can turn it back on later to resume syncing.

If you no longer use notifications, remove the bond:

1. Go to Settings > Bluetooth on your mobile device to to see a list of associated Bluetooth devices. This list might contain only your Fitbit tracker or also include devices like wireless speakers, headsets, etc.
  2. Tap your tracker and choose "Forget This Device" or "Disconnect" (exact language will differ depending on your operating system).

You can now set up your tracker using another mobile device or computer. Just keep in mind what I mentioned here.

Hope this helps! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I've tried everything suggested on here and nothing made a difference. Today is the first day it even said I have steps synched and that was using my computer which I don't really want to use with my device. Plus all the data from the past week has not shown up, which I thought the flex 2 was supposed to store. I think there is something wrong with either the device, the app, or both and I am not happy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response @psklenar! When was the last time you synced with your Flex 2 before syncing with your computer? I'm asking because all fitbits hold 7 days of detail steps, this would be the step count for every minute, and another 23 days of total daily step count. Therefore you have 168 hours to Sync before you lose the your fitness logs, and 720 hours before data starts getting lost. Besides the steps that my friend @MarreFitbit suggested, have tried to restart your Flex 2? If you haven't please try the steps on this post. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

You could try the following 2 steps, it worked for me...

1. Open the app on your mobile device and use "Remove This Flex 2'

2. Go to Bluetooth settings of your mobile device and use Forget this device" for Flex 2

Then reconnect the Flex 2 as a completely new device.

Before you do the above steps, check whether the Flex 2 is still transmittting Bluetooth signal. You can check that by trying to sync with your latop. If it syncs, you would not lose data and you can do the above 2 steps.

Hope it works for you. It did for me.

Cheers!

Best Answer

It only happens when I have one or
More fitbits activated. Just sucks to have to keep removing them. It happened again today. So annoying. I like to wear different ones each day.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

ME TOO!!!Man Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to fix this on my own. In your phones Blue Tooth list of devices connected on your phone you may have another device called "Sync". In my case forgetting both Fitbit and Sync then ONLY reconnecting Fitbit resolved my SYNC issues for my Fitbit 2. Your mileage my vary here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine isn't even a week old and has done the same thing i did the reset and that worked for about 3 hours now i have nothing!! It was only just charged too

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for my FitBit. And recovered  all the missing data from 5 days ago when it stopped syncing.

All your CS team should know about this solution and should advice customers appropriately. It will avoid a lot of unnecessary returns and frustration. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I, too, have been frustrated with my brand new Flex 2 not syncing. The only thing that seems to work for me is the Fitbit Launcher app by Christopher C. Wilcox, PhD. I, too, when through the five steps and the requirements for my Samsung Android phone. Nothing worked. I reported my problems and my frustrations, but have yet to be contacted by Fitbit. Download Fitbit Launcher. It's free. This app has been my only salvation.

The bad thing is that I can't correct my sleep hours because the Fitbit app won't stay on long enough to sync, so no revisions to the sleep time when it's wrong.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted customer support. The agent asked me some questions and made some suggestions about what I could do. In the end, he agreed that my device was not working properly, and they agreed to replace it. Kudos to Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes