Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 stopped syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please help, i have had my fitbit for aprox a week. Everything was great but all of a sudden yesterday it has stopped syncing with my samsung phone. This is really frustrating! As far as i can tell the fitbit is still tracking me but just stopped syncing. I have tried everything suggested on the webpage (bluetooth, disconnect bla bla) please help

Best Answer
118 REPLIES 118

Fantastic that they are replacing it! Good lucknwith the new one.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I have been having sync problems since I got my Flex 2 in May 2017, so I guess, from looking at all these comments it's not unusual.

I wanted to run it from my laptop, but after a few weeks it became unreliable. Reset etc etc. Got a replacement bean (thank you customer service, you were very helpful and I appreciated your advice etc), but still no joy.

I had a new laptop delivered (W10 like the last one). Nothing from the app. I had previously found that the app works fine on my old android tablet (hudl2) in France, so I uninstalled from the UK laptop and tried my Acer tablet in the UK. Bingo.

Maybe it's just flaky on laptops. Maybe designed principally for Android/tablets. Jut going by the evidence, guys.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GJFrance From my personal experience my trackers work far better with my phone and tablet than with my laptop (windows 10). I dont even bother with the laptop any more. It was causing too many grey hairs!

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

HI

The steps to sync are helpful. However I find I have to follow them almost every time I sync my fit bit flex 2. It appears I may not be the only one. Does fit bit track these messages  for feedback so a fix can be looked at? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes the mods keep an eye on what appear to be new bugs and report them to the appropriate department. I dont know if this is a bug or not.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
😀 thanks for the quick reply.
Best Answer

Hi. I don't think they trawl every message, but I found their support very sympathetic and helpful. My Flex2 works fine with the app on my tablet. I've uninstalled and disconnected from my laptop. Try customer support, and, just a thought, I had an update of hardware etc recently. It was 24.24.30.2 so make sure it's up to date. I only noticed it because it told me on the app. All the best.

Best Answer
I don't know about what they are doing about it.

I know I got a second one which will sync, but not with my phone, only with
my tablet which while a bit inconvenient is at least reliable. The only way
it synced with my phone was by wifi from the tablet, so I uninstalled the
app on the phone because searching for the fitbit was killing the battery.

There seem to be 2 weaknesses of the fitbit from what I gather on the
forum: charging and syncing. So I'd say these are relatively consistent
among manufacturing defects of the product. However, the percentage of
incidence may be lower than the forums reflect since mainly users who are
having problems post.
Best Answer

I’ve taken every step and yet my Fitbit still refuses to sync in. Please help!!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HKizer what are the steps you have tried? There is no point me repeating things you have done.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
I wrote to fit bit support and for me it turns out my phone is not
supported by the app. You can check yours here:

https://www.fitbit.com/devices

If yours is supported the fitbit support team may give you insight or
help. Goid luck❤
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same issue! What ended up working was reinstalling the app, and acting like I was setting up a new device, but instead, clicking "replace Flex 2" and going through the setup again

Best Answer
0 Votes

Flea2 has stopped syncing with my iphone

Best Answer

Yes mine too.  It last synced at 8:46 am.  I've restarted it and walked around but still not fixed.  Called Fitbit.  They suggested I turn Bluetooth off and on.  That didn't work so they had me turn off my phone and back on again.  That worked.  Yay. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, it worked!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem . . . but my Fitbit Flex2 will not Sync at all. (Laptop, Desktop, SmartPhone).  I had no previous problems with it syncing with any of my devices.   I took app off of my SmartPhone; no change.  It will not sync to either computer.  I am only trying to use my laptop but problem still exists.  I suspect it has to do with Fitbit and Software issues but do not know this.  I only wish it works!

Best Answer

Hi, I had the same issse. To fix it, on my phone, I turned off Bluetooth, waited 20 seconds and turned on again. Then I turned off my phone and back on again.  That synced it to all my devices.   This was advise from Fitbit help desk. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

If it won't  sync, I would definitely get in touch with Fitbit especially if it used to sync or if it's  a new unit. They are very helpful.

But what finally fixed mine was a new phone. My 5-year-old phone (bought new) hadn't  been one of the latest models when I got it. I found upgrading to a newer model (three models back from the latest) did the trick. No more issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Flex 2 stopped syncing about a month ago, but then suddenly started again after a couple of days. I didn't think any more about it until the same happened three days ago, and it hadn't synced since. Having tried pairing with a different device, turning Bluetooth on and of, restarting the phone, and just about everything else I could think of or find from Google, I finally tried resetting it as per the link on the first page of this thread (put Flex 2 in charger, press button on charger three times within 5 seconds). At the second attempt it worked. When I said sync from the app, after a delay of over ten seconds, it suddenly synced once more. My worry is that some people have had so many problems with this that they have had to ask for a new Flex 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes