cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Flex 2 doesn't record my steps when the Wi-Fi connection is weak

SOLVED

Hello,

Have any of you ever experienced your Flex 2 not recording your steps whenever the Wi-Fi connection is weak? I was 500+ steps away from my daily step goal yesterday so I decided to walk for 10 minutes straight to hit it. When I synced my tracker after, however, I saw that none of the steps I walked for those minutes were recorded at all. I'm thinking maybe it was because I was in a place where the Wi-Fi was weak as this never happens whenever I work out or walk a few hundred steps near a Wi-Fi router. I'm pretty bummed 'coz it's already been the second time I wasn't able to hit my daily step goal because of faulty syncing.

Thank you,

Patricia

P.S. Just to give more info: my Wi-Fi, bluetooth, location, and All-Day Sync settings are always on. My battery was also half-full yesterday.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @pmirasol - Wow, that's frustrating! I am not sure why your steps didn't record, but it has no correlation to wifi. The tracker should record the steps wherever you are, whether or not you are carrying a phone with you. The Fitbit syncs via bluetooth, not wifi. If this was a one time thing, I'd say just move on, if it is recurring, let us know.

Community Council Member

Howard | Massachusetts

Ionic, Blaze, Charge2, AltaHR, Flex2 - iOS11/iPhone

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes
3 REPLIES
Highlighted

Hi @pmirasol - Wow, that's frustrating! I am not sure why your steps didn't record, but it has no correlation to wifi. The tracker should record the steps wherever you are, whether or not you are carrying a phone with you. The Fitbit syncs via bluetooth, not wifi. If this was a one time thing, I'd say just move on, if it is recurring, let us know.

Community Council Member

Howard | Massachusetts

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Hello Ozzie65,

Thanks so much for your reply. Hmm.. I guess the issue's with my bluetooth connectivity then. Well, it has happened twice, but it hasn't happened since I wrote my message here 10 days ago, so I'll just move on for now.

Thank you!

Patricia

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Glad to hear that things are working for you!

Community Council Member

Howard | Massachusetts

Accepted Solution
0 Votes