Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal food log not syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My food log from MyFitnessPal is not showing up on my Fitbit app. It did in the past. How do I get it to show up now? MyFitnessPal shows my Fitbit steps on it. So it is connected.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
50 REPLIES 50

Hi,

Thank you for your post, it has been very helpful in the past. Since yesterday, however, I have tried the same steps several times and Fitbit is still not registering the food I log on MyFitnessPal. Nothing seems to work - very frustrating. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue! It randomly stopped working yesterday (I can still see food from Monday). Oddly, I can see exercise from FitBit on MPF. I've just tried to un-link and link the accounts but no luck.

I'm using Ionic and Huawei P20 Pro, if that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Correction, I can't see exercise on MFP either, I was looking at Monday data, where Food was still working.

Edit: I've just noticed this is a Flex 2 section but I see it's actually happening on other devices as well, so it's probably a global problem with the app itself.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this and it is still not syncing. Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys, my apologies for the delayed reply. I'm here to continue providing assistance, a warm welcome to our Community Forums to @BrianG1961 @AgneZ @lboadab. It's nice to see you again participating and posting @Daniel2876 @LisaLou87 @Aenkill @Houko, welcome back! Your assistance is appreciated @SteveH

Just as @SteveH posted, we are aware of a syncing concern between Fitbit and MyFitnessPal that affected some users with this integration. Please note that this appears to have been resolved from MyFitnessPal as per their latest update, they're waiting at this moment for the backlog of syncing requests to be successfully completed. That said, please let me know if any of you are still experiencing difficulties with MyFitnessPal app. Also, please check: Fitbit Sync Issues for more information and details regarding this known situation. 

I'll be around if you need anything else.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

I actually still am not seeing the food in my Fitbit app, I can see my exercise linked from Fitbit to the MyFitnessPal app, but not my food from the MyFitnessPal app to my Fitbit app.

Lisa
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LisaLou87 MyfitnessPal are still working through the backlog so some people are still having issues. Their latest update suggests it may not be fully sorted until Thursday:

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2976520-fitbit-sync-issues

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LisaLou87 it's nice to see you again participating in our Community Forums, welcome back! Same for you @SteveH thanks for your help..Sorry for the delay in responding. 

@LisaLou87 As per MyFitnessPal update, please check the following:

For members who are still not seeing Fitbit data sync:

It's possible you have an expired access token. This means that the authentication between MyFitnessPal and Fitbit has expired, and you need to re-authenticate using your Fitbit credentials for sync to resume.  This is not directly related to this incident, but is a top reason why some members do not see data sync.  However, it should be easy to fix if you follow the exact steps outlined below.  Once re-authenticated, sync will resume from the date of relink forward; Past data will not sync.

1. First, log into your Fitbit account at Fitbit.com.  
  2. Click the gear icon and choose Settings.  
  3. Once in your settings, select the Applications tab, and locate MyFitnessPal.  
  4. Once you find MyFitnessPal click Revoke access.  
  5. Once revoked, return to MyFitnessPal, and verify Fitbit has been successfully revoked.  You can do this via the Your Apps section in the Apps tab on the website (recommended), or the My Apps tab in the Apps & Devices section within the app menu.  
  6. Once you've verified the unlink, please relink Fitbit.

Let me know if you need anything else, I'll be here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still experiencing the same problems as all those above. I have unlinked and linked both apps countless times and still nothing seems to work. I have done this today alone about 3 times, from app and from PC. Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @rroyds1 thanks for bringing this to my attention, my apologies for the delay in responding your post. 

First, I'd like to appreciate your effort and time troubleshooting this situation prior to posting. To better assist you and move forward, can you please let me know if the steps that were shared in my previous post were already tried? I recommend you to try such steps in the specific order that were posted and let me know how it goes.

I'll be around. Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes the steps have been tried already and nothing works still
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the solution but going to the link in step 5 doesn't give me an option to re-link the apps. I tried disconnecting from Fitbit in the MyFitnessPal app but it keeps reconnecting.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply and update @rroyds1, welcome to the Community Forums @Pcartland. My sincere apologies for the delay in responding your posts.

@rroyds1 Thanks for taking in consideration the above information. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this and how many times since then? Also, which mobile device you're currently using? Same for you @Pcartland. I'll be looking forward to your replies to proceed. In the meantime, please check: How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app? for more information and details.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

have you had luck getting it fixed ? mine did just fine yesterday but wont work today … fitbit is really making me mad 

Best Answer

yeah I still have a problem.... have tried the solution fitbit gives 3 times already and nothing 

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same issue. Just got my Fitbit a few days ago, synced it to MyFitnessPal and my steps will show up sometimes in MyFitnessPal but my food log does not sync in Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue of food not getting logged from mfc to Fitbit. Tried all the resolutions listed in all the forums including this one. Still same issue. Please have it resolved ASAP.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I am also having the same issue and have tried the steps outlined in previous comments. I have never been able to get MFP to talk to FitBit in terms of tracking food. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks 

Han

Best Answer
0 Votes

Follow Ed instructions when was this last updated these aren’t working

Best Answer
0 Votes

as of 5th May I am also seeing this problem - i've tried all the steps outlined in this thread and nothing has worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes