Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registering steps on wrong day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This morning I hit my 12000 steps goal by about noon and my Fitbit vibrated and flashed.      Eight hours later, at 8 pm, it's saying I'm back at one light....one fifth of the way there.  Checked my dashboard and it seems to have registered today's steps yesterday.   Checked settings....time, time zone are all correct.  Solutions, anyone???   Thanks 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Mine also.  Where do you find actual time on the flex2?  How do you reset the clock?

Best Answer

It's nice to see you both in the forums @SunsetRunner @melissastar! Hmmm... this is very strange let me say. Did you guys were on vacations or so? If you were, since you're traveling between time zones with your tracker, to avoid data loss, choose your platform below. Note that the time on your tracker may not update to reflect the time in your new time zone.

iOS

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon.
  2. Tap Advanced Settings.
  3. Under Time Zone, turn off the Set Automatically option.
  4. Tap Time Zone and select the correct time zone.

Android 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon.
  2. Tap Advanced Settings.
  3. Turn off the Automatic time zone option. 
  4. Tap Select time zone and select the correct time zone.

Windows 10

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap or click Advanced Settings.
  3. Tap or click Time Zone.
  4. Turn off the Auto option and select the correct time zone.

However, I was also wondering if you guys did not manually log any activity that day when the steps were gone? Typically, your steps will be recalculated if you manually log an activity as the manually logged activity takes precedence over the steps you tracked while wearing your tracker at that point in time. For example, if I am wearing my Flex 2 and walking and I reach 10,000 steps, then I go to the computer and manually log an activity that starts and ends at that point in time for say 1 hour, Fitbit will calculate how many steps you took and it may bring my step count to something below 10,000 steps. To clarify, activities should only be manually logged when you forget to wear your Fitbit

Last but not least, it also came to my mind if you guys are syncing periodically? I mean, how often do you guys sync your trackers? Was this the first time you lose steps? Did you guys unpaired the tracker by mistake? 

Please reply my questions so I can go from there, is always a pleasure to give you guys a hand! Robot Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
I was on vacation and didn't take the charger with me so the battery ran out.

THeresa

The comfort of the pack
Best Answer

Maybe that was the reason why your data was all over the place @SunsetRunner, since you didn't have the chance to sync before your tracker ran out of battery. Have you had this issue again? 

Keep in mind that your tracker syncs every time you open the app. It can also sync periodically throughout the day if you have All-Day sync turned on. If you sync your tracker with a computer and Fitbit Connect, it syncs automatically every 15 to 30 minutes assuming the tracker and computer are in proximity, and the dongle is plugged in, if applicable.

You can also initiate a sync whenever you like if your tracker is nearby. If you're using an iOS or Android mobile device, you can sync your tracker from the Fitbit app dashboard by touching your tracker image at the top of the screen and pulling down.

A daily sync is recommended but not required. Most Fitbit trackers record detailed minute-by-minute data for seven days. Fitbit trackers can store daily totals for up to 30 days. Whenever it's fully charged and ready to go.

Hope this clarifies a lil bit what could've happened. Smiley Wink

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

This seems to happen to me after every charge. The time zone didn't work...

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to do it in the app on your phone.  Go to your account.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks for stepping in @Carolina12!  Have you tried what @NellyG mentioned?

Please check this post of mine and follow the steps posted. If by any chance you're using Android, just go to your settings and do the same procedure that I've showed on my iPhone. 

Give this a shot and let us know if that works! 

Best Answer

I have done all those steps. I have not changed time zones. When I checked in advanced settings, everything is set to Alaska time. My alarms work on Alaska time. My steps reset on East coast time. It's a small thing, but it drives me nuts.

Best Answer

Same problem as this group. If my charge has died, I need to remember to sync before using the fitbit for the day because, if not, then the da's steps will register with the day before. Is there a way to reallocate steps from yesterday to today?

Best Answer

This same thing happens to me if my watch (I have the original versa) dies. I have to remember to sync it before I wear it after a charge or all my steps will register the day that the watch died. It’s really annoying that you can’t change the steps day. I lost 2200 steps from today because they registered for yesterday. You can only manually enter them but they don’t count. I am amazed they have not corrected this issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes