Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not tracking SmartTrack activities and exercise goals

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I did a 2 mile (30min) Leslie Sansone walking video today and my Flex 2 did not recognize the miles or the exercise.  It only registered the steps.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
118 REPLIES 118

All of my walking is done on the road never a time when there is not forward movement. The device simply does not work as advertised or expected.

Best Answer

How would it pick up an elliptical thend there is still is no forward motion.  And walking is walking...in a treadmill or on the ground...unless you need to GPS your walk, but that brings me back to a elliptical...no forward motion.  

Best Answer

If you are walking on the road and it doesnt recognise it then I would suspect your device is faulty so you should contact customer service.

Treadmill is not an auto recognised activity but eliptical is. I dont understand HOW it does this but understand this is how the flex 2 works. One of the sensors in rhe flex 2 recognises foward motion. This is used to define a walk. Obviously eliptical uses different sensors as there is no foward motion. I would guess it is a combination of steps and fairly vigorous arm movements, but I am guessing there. But you are using human logic to say if it recognises this then it should recognuse that but it simp,y doesnt work that way. It wont do what you expect it to as it does not have the required sensors and/or the required programming. 

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am playing Walk It Out on my Wii Balance Board. There is no forward movement on this just walking in place. My Fitbit is picking up the steps and at the end of the day recording the exercise. It just doesn't do it right away.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Smart track not working on flex 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had similar experiences with my new flex 2. It has not auto-recognized exercises. Any suggestions? Is it possible that Apple Health on my iPhone interferes?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went for a walk this morning and logged 38 active minutes, but for some reason it's not showing up under "Exercise." I'd really like my active walking this morning to go toward my weekly goal of 6 exercises. I've gone on a walk for the past 6 days (around 30 minutes each) and it's showed up under excercise, so I don't know what's going on today. The only thing I did differently today was that I jogged a bit during the walk. Perhas that confused the app and it's not sure whether I was walking or jogging? (I probably jogged for 6-7 minutes out of 38).

I've tried logging in and out of the app, restarting the app, and restarting my phone. I've also updated to the most recent version of the Fitbit app.

Here are some screenshots showing my active minutes and how my walk is not showing up under exercise (I went for a walk on Sunday, so that's why it's showing 1 of 6. Should now be 2 of 6):

IMG_4147.PNG

IMG_4149.PNGIMG_4148.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

It sounds like you have done all the right things. I would say cutting into the walk with some jogging probably confused it. Do you have auto recognise set to 10 minutes? If it is longer that that cut it back to 10, so it should recognise walks longer than 10 minutes, so if you jog in the middle it should recognise a walk befoe and after as long as you have done at least 10 minutes.

It is probably also worth restarting the flex 2, though you wont get back what is not there today (but it wont lose anything either)

RESTART PROCEEDURE

Put your tracker into the charger so it has the charging lights showing. Then press the small buttin on the back of the charger 3 times within 5 seconds. It will vibrate with each press and then when all three are done it will very briefly flash all lights and then go back to charging lights and it is all done

Full instructions

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do on hour HIIT or Boot Camp workouts twice a week, and they are never recognized. I can understand the small amount of time we do planks, but the first 15 minutes are always getting our heart rates up and it doesn't even recognize a walk. [The first time I wore it to a workout, it recognized that I did an 11 minute swim... which is obviously not correct. After I turned off automatic swim recognition, it doesnt do anything). What gives?

Best Answer

It is very frustrating when it doesnt recognise what feels like real exercise! Things to consider:

• Have you set you auto reconition time to 10 minutes, or is it still at15 (factory setting). The recognition time means you have to do the full 10 or 15 minutes before it recognises it. So if you stop for more than a minute or change the pace too much it will not recognise it.
  • Is the tracker picking up steps during the period of exercise? If it is not something sounds as if it is wrong, but if it is it is just an exercise recognition problem. As Boot Camp and HIIT are not recognised exercises they may not be similar enough to any re ognisex exercises for it to pick up, but steps should still be there

Try a restart to see if it helps, but if it is an exercise recognition problem it probably wont, but worth a go.

RESTART PROCEEDURE
Put your tracker into the charger so it has the charging lights showing. Then press the small button on the back of the charger 3 times within 5 seconds. It will vibrate with each press and then when all three are done it will very briefly flash all lights and then go back to charging lights and it is all done

Full instructions

Let us know how you go.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Every week it will skip adding at least one day of exercise to my goals.  It just doesn't record it.  Is there a way to fix that?  

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think this is an App problem rather than the flex 2.

Try this

Try restarting your flex 2. Once you've done that, do the following:
Remove the flex 2 from the app, uninstall the app, reinstall the app, and re connect the flex 2.

Se if that fixes it and let us know how you go

RESTART PROCEEDURE
Put your tracker into the charger so it has the charging lights showing. Then press the small button on the back of the charger 3 times within 5 seconds. It will vibrate with each press and then when all three are done it will very briefly flash all lights and then go back to charging lights and it is all done

Full instructions

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my FitBit Flex 2 around 1 month ago and lately is not recognizing my exercise.

At the beginning, everything was working fine, but lately, only counts my steps, but no exercise. I bike every day 1hr (30 min in the morning and another 30 in the evening) and nothing is recognized. Of course, I have the  "auto recognize" option activated, at lower it to the minimum time of 10 min. I read that perhaps had to do with the GPS (even when the app says that the device does not require it) so, I check every time I get on my bike, and while riding that the GPS is working, and see that is actually detecting my movement, but yet again, when I finish my exercise, it's not registered.

On top of all, I'm noticing that now, besides my bike ride, is not detecting my "walking" exercise, or is doing it poorly: for example, yesterday I walked 1hr and a half and detected 20 min.

What can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi mal18!

I have experienced the same in the last two days... I needed to log manually my swimming exercise yesterday but on Monday it was recognized and added without any issues. I have restarted my tracker, also logged out and logged in to the app on my phone. Yesterday there was an app update too which I installed. Today I will swim again so I can check if my self help do the trick or not. If not I will ask the official support.

I will get back to you later today with the results. Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue! Help, we need a fix!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning guys @mal18 @BibadMan Very Happy I'd definitely try what @Pisti suggested since it's a nice way to go. Here are once again the step-by-step:

• Make sure that your Fitbit App is up-to-date (iOS, Android)
  • Log out of your Fitbit App
  • Force quit the App
  • Restart your Flex 2, 3 times in a row 
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit App

Test your Flex 2 this time during your exercises and see if those steps did the trick. 

In case you guys keep having the same issue when tracking your activities, try the recommendations I've posted here and test your Fitbit one more time. 

Hope to hear good news! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @GdlehmanSmiley Very Happy My friend @NellyG suggested great steps, but before moving onto what she provided I'd recommend following these ones first:

• Make sure that your Fitbit App is up-to-date
  • Log out of your Fitbit App
  • Force quit the App
  • Restart your Flex 2, 3 times in a row 
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit App
  • Check your Exercise goals

Let's say that the steps above didn't work, then go for the ones that my sweet @NellyG posted. The thing is that we need to follow the step-by-step method so we do not skip the order of the troubleshooting procedure.

Let us know the good news! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was pleased to see that the Flex 2 recognized by elliptical workouts and automatically recorded them. Suddenly over the last week it does not recognize them at all, even after I sync my tracker to my phone. I know that I can manually enter them, which I've been doing this week, but I'm disappointed that this cool feature seems to have gone away.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or know what has changed? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All,

I just came back from the swimming pool and my Flex 2 is recognizing the activity again without any problems so everything was synchronized to the Fitbit app without any issues. Cat Very Happy

So the tracker restart, Fitbit app update and restart helped.

One little tip: check your swimming pool length setting in the app as mine was empty after I updated the app so needed to add again.

Hope your execersize recognized again as well. Cat Happy

Best Answer
Mine still isn't recognizing my walking...
Best Answer
0 Votes