Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All lights are blinking but Flex 2 isn't charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was charging the Flex 2 to use for swimming and after charging it up overnight, all the lights are blinking with the red/pink light at the top.  It won’t respond at all when taken off the charger, just blank.  I’ve tried restarting several times, but get no vibration when connecting. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
95 REPLIES 95

I have the same problem since this morning, and synchronizing is not working too

Best Answer

I'm having this exact same issue!  It started about 2 days ago, and I've tried all the same things but to no avail.  In the app, I can see that its last sync was right before this all started (worked that night, synced, wasn't working the next morning)...I can't help but think that's not a coincidence.

Best Answer

Exactly the same. All lights are blinking but will not take charge. What is going on Fitbit? Is it a coincidence that mine is just out of warranty?

Best Answer

Mine just started this and the battery was full yesterday. Mine has been out of warranty for over a year. Not that. First time ever and I don't know what to do

@@

@

Best Answer

Mine is doing the exact same thing.  It started yesterday.  All lights flashing on, with the top light being a light pink (it is exactly 11 flashes each time).  I almost wonder if it was some sort of update that failed.  How could all of our trackers have failed the same way at exactly the same time??

I took a video of these strange flashing lights, and I will gladly share it with a representative if they let me know how to get it go them.

Best Answer

Has there been a response from fitbit sounds a bit strange...

Best Answer

I'm suspecting a failed update as well, given the timing of mine and how widespread this issue seems to be across users with a Flex 2 in the Fitbit community. 

I've been emailing with the support team and shared my theory...still working through their whole process, so no major updates/resolution to share with the group yet.

I did notice that the Flex 2 is no longer being sold, which makes me a bit more suspicious too.  Prior to this, I haven't had any issues with my tracker, and had only just started noticing a very slight decline in battery life (as expected at this point), but even that was pretty minimal.  Very frustrated and disappointed in the whole thing!

Best Answer
Still no response. I sent tweet to them yesterday and no reply yet
Best Answer
We need to hear from them!
Best Answer
Re start your phone mine has started to work since.XSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Re start your phone.XSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did yesterday but I'll try again. I also tried over 20 times to restart
the fit bit Flex 2 (that little button on the charger)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried that. See below. No joy

Best Answer
0 Votes

So has anyone here had any luck with any representative of Fitbit?  If indeed it was some sort of failed product update, and the tracker cannot be fixed (meaning that the device would otherwise have been working), but as a result of a manifacturer's actions it is no longer a working product, it would seem to follow that Fitbit should make it right either by sending us new Flex 2 trackers or even issuing a credit towards the purchase of a new device. 

I share the same issue as many others here - mine is out of warranty.  However, in this case, the warranty shouldn't even matter.

...just my two cents; does anyone here see it like I do?

Best Answer

Still no reply from fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys! It's a pleasure to assist each of you with the difficulties that are being experienced with your Flex 2 devices, my sincere apologies for the delay in responding. I'd like to being giving a warm welcome to the Community Forums to @Mimnh @SunsetRunner @rbrb @Sej123 @CealC. Also, I'm happy to see you again participating here @RunningLowOnPat and @Vanessaw1975, welcome back.

First, I'd like to appreciate your effort and patience troubleshooting your Flex 2 devices with our restart procedure, I totally understand how frustrating this matter can be for each of you and I apologize for that.

Just to make sure that the restart process was done correctly, I recommend to check the restart instructions here. Also, the light pattern that was mentioned is not familiar to me, this is also not listed in: What do the light patterns mean on my Flex or Flex 2?. That said, if the restart process that was previously mentioned doesn't resolve this matter, I recommend you to get in touch with our Customer Support team to receive further assistance. Another option is to contact me back so I can create a ticket for you guys.

I'll like to add that our Flex 2 device was discontinued to maintain our product line focused. Also, you can check our warranty policies here

See you around, let me know if any additional questions remain unresolved. 

Best Answer

Mine started doing that today. Last sync 12:58 PM. Mine blinks rapidly, maybe 3-4 per second without pause. Resetting the fitbit and restarting the phone have no effect. Most recently charged within 48 hours. 

Best Answer

Ricardo thank you for your reply.  I think the issue i and many of my fellow Flex 2 users have is that our devices all stopped working recently and about the same time with the same issue, an irretrievable failure. Thus, to all intents and purposes our out-of-warranty and discontinued device is dead.  They were working until an update occurred or a time point arrived; still not clear which.  Thus, our only next step is to replace the device by purchasing another one. I find that coincidence astounding. I have valued what the FitBIt helped me with these past two years, however, I know I will pursue other options first in my next device.

Best Answer

RicardoFitbit,

If you would give me a means through which I could email you directly, I would gladly send you a short video clip of this phenomenon.

Best Answer