Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App keeps asking me to pair my Fitibit. But it's already paired

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

With the latest iOS app update, every time I go to the Fitbit app and pull down to ask it to show my steps (which it hasn't done automatically for, oh, years), it says "Pair Flex with your phone for a better connection." Then there's a bubble that says "Fix it." If I click that, nothing happens except the message goes away--but comes right back the next time I check. It is tallying my steps, and as far as I know, correctly. Nothing looks "off." 
How can I get the message to stop showing up?

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Another update appeared today (Dec. 9). So I updated it... and the problem still persists.

Is there really nothing that can be done?

Best Answer

So... is there any way to reach a moderator here? Because this problem is really irritating, and I can't find any solution. I've uninstalled and re-installed, updated... and it persists.

Best Answer

Still trying to reach a moderator... problem persists, and it now takes me several tries to get it to sync at all. If no moderator can help with this problem, could you at least still let me know that you read this query?

Best Answer

Forget it that support and go directly to google support. You may have to explain to them that Fitbit is now part of google, and that if they open up the fitbit.com website, they will be able to see the Fitbit Google header. Fitbit customer care in my experience has been less than helpful. And as a blind user, I have been going to Google Disability Support for assistance. Google support will at least acknowledge your concern with the return email after your conversations with them. I don’t know if this is the best solution, but it is probably the solution that will give you the most satisfaction and the best results. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow. So there's no Fitbit customer support anymore? I was going to try them next, after accepting that no forum moderator is ever going to answer me. This might sound like a dumb question, but where do I find google support?  support.google.com just takes me to community forums.

Best Answer
0 Votes
There still is a Fitbit customer care, and you can ask Siri to find you the phone number and call them. Their answer to all problems is usually the same thing. I think they have a script that tells them what to do as far as troubleshooting the application software. It usually ends up with you deleting everything, including the link to Bluetooth And reinstalling. And 99% of the time if not higher it does not seem to correct the issue. At least that has been my experience. That is why I now call Google Disability Support to help me and that I am a blind Fitbit user. I believe if you ask theory to find a phone number for Google work they might be able to help you find a solution. Fitbit Disability Support at least emails me back with the case number and what they are doing to address the issues that I have brought up. Hopefully Google support will be able to send you an email after they do some research with steps did Mike react correct? The problems you were having. I am offering this as an alternative to Fitbit customer care. I spoke with someone at fifth and disability support a while back and they thought that at some point they would be taking over the responsibilities currently performed by Fitbit customer care. Again, I don’t know if this is an answer , at least it is a possible solution. Best wishes to you for a happy and healthy new year and hopefully it will be with a satisfying response from Fitbit or Google customer support.

Please forgive me for any problems reading this message. I have dictated this on my iPhone. Hey Siri find a phone number for Google support

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I've had similar problems with synching between mu Versa3 and my mobile app (ios). I think I've finally resolved by deleting the app (the content is still available in the cloud), re-installing the app and going through the setup again. All now seems to be working. Fingers crossed!

Best Answer

It does still synch, although it takes three or four tries every time. I did delete and reinstall the app, and I'm getting the same wrong message. 
I wish someone from Fitbit would at least answer me. 😞 

Best Answer

I am also having the same issue. My steps are counted, but I keep getting that same message. I went into my phone’s Bluetooth connection, and it does not show my Flex as a paired device. That’s the only thing that I can think of causing this message. And for some reason my Flex is paired with my app, but I don’t see it listed on my paired devices on my iPhone. 

Best Answer
Sorry about that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cjfanky Does yours now take 3 or 4 tries to get the steps to register? I wonder if that means the whole device is breaking down somehow, or if Fitbit is going to deliberately stop supporting it, in an attempt to get us to buy new ones. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, it usually syncs right away. Mine actually just started showing this message yesterday and I Googled to see what it meant. I wonder if it is an iPhone thing?
Best Answer

I had a similar problem as I could not pair my charge 2. I deleted the app and reinstalled it and yet after multiple attempts, it didn’t work. I have iOS 15.5 which is higher than the minimum required to run Fitbit.
I eventually did a reset on my Fitbit device. I plugged it in to charge and pressed on the side button for 10 seconds to reset the device. After this, I tried pairing my device again with my phone and it worked.

You can try this out and I hope it works out for you.

Best Answer
It’s paired with the app and the steps are being counted. We just continually get a green bubble in the app saying to pair it with the phone, too.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@MarcoGFitbit

Is it possible to get a moderator to respond to this issue? I posted over a month ago. I've deleted and reinstalled. I've restarted. I've tried on two different phones. I've installed two updates since initially posting. I still have the problem. 

Best Answer
Good morning,

Sent from my iPhone

For whatever it is worth, I will offer you a couple of suggestions that might help you get this issue resolved. Last week I got past the Fitbit customer care person to a supervisor. He was able to answer my questions, and I feel that I received more and better information than I had ever received from the Fitbit customer care front line person. as a blind user, I have also gone directly to Google Disability Support Team with my issues and although I have not seen any positive changes, I believe that my concerns have been escalated to the appropriate people and can only hope it sometime the changes will be addressed. Based on this, I would suggest you try to get a hold of the Fitbit support team and explain your situation and explain that Fitbit on Google now and let them know your issues and frustrations. Based on my experience, you will receive an email confirming your conversation and your case number. This is far more than you would ever get from Fitbit. Customer care. Good luck and keep walking Podunk.

I made a dictation error and doing this and rather than retype or dictate this email. The suggestion is to contact the support team at Google, and explain if necessary that Fitbit is part of google.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't found any way to contact Google. When I contact Fitbit, I only get cut-and-paste responses asking me to do the things I already tried. That's why I tried this forum--it used to be that community moderators would try to troubleshoot things with you. But that was some years ago. They might not do that anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Are usually ask Siri call Fitbit Customer Service when I need their assistance. I believe that if you open the iOS app on your iPhone, click on profile, go down to help and support and then work your way through the options you will be able to find a way to contact Fitbit using the telephone. I tried sending a text message with phone numbers and for some reason it was rejected. I asked Siri to do two or three searches for Google support and Google help and found an article that had a Google phone number for contact in it so I would suggest you ask Siri to do a number of searches until you finally find a proper phone number for Google support.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@groundzero   This forum isn't actively monitored by Fitbit moderators.  Please note the blue banner at the top of the main forum page.  I'm not sure this is the correct answer, but it might give you insight.  Fitbit puts older devices on its Legacy List.  Fitbit put the Flex on the list in 2020.  The Legacy Device Policy includes this section:

Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 9.39.30 AM.png

I'm not a Fitbit employee, but it looks like the app has outgrown the legacy devices.  I don't think there will be a fix for this.  Fitbit Zip and One users are also posting about this.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer