Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App keeps asking me to pair my Fitibit. But it's already paired

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

With the latest iOS app update, every time I go to the Fitbit app and pull down to ask it to show my steps (which it hasn't done automatically for, oh, years), it says "Pair Flex with your phone for a better connection." Then there's a bubble that says "Fix it." If I click that, nothing happens except the message goes away--but comes right back the next time I check. It is tallying my steps, and as far as I know, correctly. Nothing looks "off." 
How can I get the message to stop showing up?

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Ah, that may be it, then. Well, I can keep using it till it dies completely/the app stops working completely. And I do have a birthday coming up... A few years ago, when the app was great, I considered getting a newer model FitBit, but I liked my Flex so much and it still worked well. And now that they've removed most of the app features and functionality that I liked... it's probably time to move to something better. I will feel a little sad about losing all my historical data, but oh well. So it goes!

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I see moderators in the forums all the time on other threads, so I didn't know why they wouldn't respond to mine. I just checked the main forum page--mine just says "Welcome back, Groundzero" and then "Have a question about your FitBit device?" and then it lists a bunch of models or lets you pick different forum threads. There's no warning that things you post won't get read by FitBit, at least not on my laptop view. I haven't checked via my phone though. I have tried contacting customer service directly before, but have never found it helpful--I just get bits of cut-and-paste information. Whereas the moderators here seemed more knowledgable. Are they not FitBit employees?

Best Answer

This was happening to me also for a long time until I manually sync my fitbit One today (under your account and select your device). After it was manually synced, pulling down to sync didn’t result in anymore error message, at least for now 

Best Answer

That sounded very promising! Alas, it did not work for me (I tried three times and restarted both the app and my phone). Maybe because the Flex 2 is just so old. It still seems to work fine, despite the constant error message. I will keep using it till it dies, then maybe get an Apple watch or a Garmin.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@groundzero and @Cjfanky 

I was having the same sync problem. My fitbit was obviously counting my steps but it would NOT "properly" sync to my app. I solved the problem by uninstalling the app and installing it on my mom's phone (she just happened to be in the house at the time). I was wondering if the problem was that my phone is pretty old. After installing the app on her phone I set up my flex 2 as a "new" device. Note, I did not ever delete the flex 2 from my profile as this loses data. It connected to her phone with absolutely no issue. Then I reinstalled the app on my phone and went through setup and it connected just fine. This was last night and it is working perfectly today with her phone no longer in the house.

I cannot even begin to tell you why this would from a tech stand point but it did. I hope it can help one of you resolve your issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes