Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App not marking distance goal complete

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Flex 2 & am syncing it in the Android phone app.This is not a big functional problem, but it has tripped me up a few times when I'm exercising and glancing at the app to see if I've met my goals yet. As far as I know my Flex 2 is correctly measuring the actual distance I have walked, as it seems to correlate with my steps & calories, but the problem is that it will still show that I have a long way to go towards my daily distance goal, even when the actually numbers show that I have already exceeded that goal. I have screenshots from today and a few days ago where it shows I have walked more than my 3 mile goal (3.7 & 3.3 miles, respectively) but the graphic in the app makes it look like I am only half or three quarters of the way there. I have tried setting my goal to different numbers and checked for updates for the app, but nothing has fixed this yet. None of the other categories on my app seem to have this problem (steps, calories, and active time).

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

I think this is 100% correct!! Before I changed mine from 5 miles to three it has said 3.1 and I remember thinking "thays not right" then I changed it and its been off ever since. 

Best Answer

Okay so I can confirm, I just did this and it worked. Something is definitely off with the math.

Best Answer

I just got off a chat with FitBit and after a dialog on explaining the problem and screen shots, I was told that the FitBit developers are aware of this problem and are working on a solution.  I did not get an ETA on it though.

Best Answer

I spent all night last night following the many suggestions for this problem until I finally gave up around 2am. So here I am again, but hopefully with a solution for anyone who is still experiencing this issue. Earlier this evening while on my nightly walk, I decided to use the Exercise feature (and I chose Walking) on my Versa 2 to track it and voila! The five miles that I set as my goal were accurately recorded as completed on the dashboard and the corresponding chart. So if you are not using the Exercise feature, try it, select the exercise of your choice: walking, running, elliptical, treadmill, etc. and see if it works for you.

I hope this helps! Be safe and stay healthy!

Best Answer

I had the same problem after a recent update. Turned out that when I logged in on the PC it said my goal was 8.05 mi while my Android phone app said 5 mi. Once I changed the computer dashboard, everything synced correctly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, is this still a problem for you?

Best Answer

@DarrelH Yes, definitely still an issue. Fitbit has admitted they are aware of it and it has still not been fixed. 

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer
0 Votes

How is this still not fixed? It occurs with my charge hr as well.

I tried fixing it on the dashboard (fitbit.com) that's were it was getting 7.24 miles. Set it to 4.5 synced it down to my phone and suddenly my phones mileage goal was 2.8. Fixed it again in my phone synced went back to the dashboard and it now says 7.24 again. Come on fitbit developers this should be a super easy bug to track down and fix..

Best Answer

I have an Inspire HR and have had the same problem for a few months now. I set it to 5 miles in the app but doesn't show I reached my target except with a green star

Best Answer

Thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any updates on this "bug"?  This is happening on the Versa 2 as well.  Seems your programmers made a mistake and used Km instead of miles.

Best Answer

Brand new Sensa and still haven't addressed this issues from my previous 3 Fitbit styles. So frustrating, honestly. 

Best Answer

Did it get fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with my Sense and had it with my Ionic before. Issue is software related, not watch/tracker related. Targets are set in miles but dual is working in km. Going to try logging out of app, setting target online, then logging back into app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't work. Tried setting it in different unit of measure as well. The problem is with the target setting in the app and the target line on the graph in the app. Dial in app, dial online, target setting and line online all aligned. Down to fitbit to fix.

Best Answer

And I have had this same problem on my Android phone for FOREVER. I have to wonder why this doesn't work and why it has gone on so long for so many without getting fixed. Here's hoping that now Google has bought FitBit, that it will get fixed because while it's not awful, but it is annoying. I have my goal set for 3.5 miles and it wants me to get to 4.58 miles to meet my "goal". And, yes, I've tried all the "fixes" recommended.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Crystal! That worked. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ASweetHeart  Yes, I am having this issue too.  Correcting it on fitbit.com just changed my app and then when I correct it on the app, the website changes.  I tried doing it with both open and that doesn't make a difference.

I'm a new FitBit user and I too have the green stars but not filled circles except the days I exceeded 4 miles (3 of which were done using the Exercise feature each day). I always use the Exercise feature and my Versa 2 also seems to be tracking my total distance relatively accurately. However, when I logged into fitbit.com to change my goal to 2 miles and went back into my app, it changed my app to 1.24 miles.  Corrected it in the app again and now fitbit.com is back to saying my goal is 3.22 miles (this is indeed the mi to km conversion). 

No matter which one I use, my circle from yesterday still will not fill and I walked 2.79 miles, 2.15 of which was using the Exercise feature. Has anyone noticed whether it is better to have the website or the app at your actual goal?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Follow-up: my watch just gave me the notification of hitting my "3.22 mile goal" (as it is set on the site) even though I got the green star for my actual 2 mile goal as set on the app earlier today. The conversion is definitely the problem and seemingly your green stars are based on your app goal, but your circle fill is based on your website goal.

still doesn't explain why yesterday's 2.79 miles doesn't fill the circle when I change my website goal, but glad to add to the data about this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes