Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App not marking distance goal complete

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Flex 2 & am syncing it in the Android phone app.This is not a big functional problem, but it has tripped me up a few times when I'm exercising and glancing at the app to see if I've met my goals yet. As far as I know my Flex 2 is correctly measuring the actual distance I have walked, as it seems to correlate with my steps & calories, but the problem is that it will still show that I have a long way to go towards my daily distance goal, even when the actually numbers show that I have already exceeded that goal. I have screenshots from today and a few days ago where it shows I have walked more than my 3 mile goal (3.7 & 3.3 miles, respectively) but the graphic in the app makes it look like I am only half or three quarters of the way there. I have tried setting my goal to different numbers and checked for updates for the app, but nothing has fixed this yet. None of the other categories on my app seem to have this problem (steps, calories, and active time).

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

Absolutely terrible on Fitbit's part. This is a simple math formula problem gone on for way to long.

Best Answer

Did you guys fix this bug yet? My distance circle does not match my miles settings or goal accomplished. Over 2 years and still a basic issue not resolved.

Best Answer

Lol, probably another few more years. This is a tough one. Math.

Best Answer

I'm having this issue now over 2 years after the original post. The fact that fitbit are unable to show the correct distance is stupid, when they are Leaders in their field with years and years to iron out these problems. Well if anybody from Fitbit reads this, I won't be paying for premium when my trial ends. This terrible customer service is Costing you £. 

Best Answer

This affects me too. Have you found a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no user solution. It is highly likely the app has their measurement conversion between miles and kilometers incorrectly set up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It sucks, but we kind of have to decide which display we want to be correct. I put 6 miles into the PC goal and it shows 3.73 in Android. The goal on the Android dashboard looks correct when the 6 miles is reached, but when I "drill" into it, the star is given at 3.73. Oh well. As long I get my 12,000 steps and 6 miles, I'm good.

I can't believe this is so hard to fix.😒

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't been able to figure out exactly why this is happening, but it definitely involves the km to miles conversion, and I've figured out how to work around it for my own requirement. What it appears to affect are the completion arc and the goal line and stars on the weekly chart. The only thing I care about is the arc, because it shows up on the clock face of my Sense, and I want it to show complete when I've hit my goal. Here's how to do that: If your distance goal is 4 miles, use a km to miles converter and put 4 in for km. That will convert to 2.485 miles. If you set your distance goal to 2.485 miles, the arc will show complete at 4 miles. That's all I care about.

Why it behaves like that, who knows?

Best Answer

Hi, I also am having this issue. I have the fitbit sense and it shows my star for reaching my milage goal for the day but my circle is never complete. I've done all of these repeatedly as well as updated the app but it's still not working. Its what keeps me from completing my goals each day actually so it is really frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What's really funny or sad is the new app update with the charts exposes that the tracker and goal are using km and miles together. Lol!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lol, today's update finally shows miles for the distance goal correctly and miles now in the detail view. Wow, just wow.

However I noticed the circle goal still isn't matching but one step closer anyhow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone heard a response on this? 

The issue is still present and it's it's a bit funny that android/Google/Fitbit can't solve a simple conversion issue but also a bit infuriating that we all have to rig our goals to make them appear correctly after like 2 years of this issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a Fitbit Versa 3 recently and am having this issue, My goal is set at 4 miles, but when I hit it, it still shows I have about a quarter of my goal to complete.

A quick Google search brought me here. This was posted in September 2020! It's now November 2022! What on earth are Fitbit doing not having fixed this yet?

Best Answer

Totally ridiculous isn't it, can't believe it hasn't been sorted . I've done 4 miles over my goal today and still not hit my target miles. 

Best Answer

It's a good theory but I don't think that's it. I have the exact same problem on my Charge 5 and I haven't logged any exercise for the day.  The tracker was just recording my steps automatically and with nothing added in by me. This has happened before and it happened today.  I was ¼ mile past my goal, yet the circle wasn't filled in. But when I clicked on it, I did have a star for the day. I tried lowering my goal by 0.3 miles and it STILL wouldn't fill in. That change made it so I was more than ½ mile beyond my goal and it still wouldn't credit me for completing it. I had to drop my goal to half of what I actually walked before it would fill in the miles walked. I don't get it. 

Best Answer

This is been a problem on my Charge 2 for a couple of years now. Doesn't matter whether I set my goal to 3 miles or 4 miles it never fills the circle in on my dashboard. I like to take screenshots and share my info but it looks incomplete when it really is complete. Please fix this Fitbit. It's been a couple of years and it doesn't seem like it should be that hard of to fix or take that long to fix. 

Best Answer

Hello, I have a Charge 4 and my daily goals for miles is 5; however, I never get the circle when I reach and exceed 5 miles. I went to fitbit.com and clicked on the cog to adjust my goal number to 5 but it continually defaults back to 8.05 miles. Interestingly, I did not set 8.05 as my goal, it appears to be a fitbit default number. Every time I change the goal to 5 and hit saved, the app does not sync and the circle does not switch to complete; it continually defaults back to 8.05. Please help. Thanks.

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue with my charge 5 that I just got on Jan 9, 2022 (this is my 2nd Fitbit, first was a charge 3) I’m in Canada. When I switch my units from miles to km it stays the same (so 0.08 m when switched still shows 0.08 km) idk how to fix it though.

obviously this has been an ongoing problem which Fitbit either doesn’t know how or won’t fix 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes! I've just discovered this bug after changing my distance goal for the first time in several years. Cmon Fitbit, please fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes