Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I still use the FitBit app on iOS 12.5.4?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I notice that the FitBit app now requires iOS 13+, but I am still using an iPad that has maxed out to iOS 12.5.4, so will the app continue to work correctly if I can’t afford a new iPad with a higher iOS? It doesn’t seem to accurately reflect battery power, I notice: the other day, it said that I had 96% power, but after a long day of walking, it hadn’t recorded a single step, because as it turned out, the battery was nearly dead. I recharged it, but now it hasn’t budged from 88% power, so I am beginning to suspect that the app will no longer function properly in the older iOS, am I correct? 

So if that is the case...now what? 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

1)  The power shown on the app is updated only when tracker syncs.  It could be your tracker just hadn't synced lately.

2) At least for Android, having an app version below the current requirement seems to still work, though perhaps without some of the newer features.  But do not delete the app;  if you delete it, you will not be able to add it back again.

The first thing I would do is check on the app the last time it synced.  If it was quite a while ago,  look for sync solutions.  My first tries are restarting the tracker and rebooting my phone.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No matter how many times I sync my FitBit, it’s stuck on 88%, even as I am currently recharging it. I rebooted my iPad Air 1st generation, that didn’t help, either. The other day, it showed 96% power when the battery was actually near dead, even though I had only recharged it a day or two prior. It didn’t record one single step despite saying I had 96% power remaining. When I plugged it into the charger, only one light was blinking, meaning it was nearly dead. I always check how many steps I have recorded before going out hiking, and I sync my FitBit before I leave so I know where I stand. 

So I very much get the feeling that, unless you have a newer device and can upgrade to iOS 13+, the app won’t quite work properly with older iOS systems. Lacking how much battery power I accurately have, I guess the safest thing to do is to recharge the thing each night when I go to bed, because now I cannot get accurate readings with the app operating on iOS 12.5.4, I guess. 🤷🏼‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes