Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Default Calories Burned Per Minute - Outdoor Biking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to change the default "3 Calories Burned Per Minute" when Outdoor Biking? The flex 2 calculates 8 Calories Burned Per Minute for walking, but only 3 per minute for biking? I bike more aggressively than I walk, so I'd like my Fitbit to accurately record my efforts. 

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hey @tracybg, let me give you a warm welcome to the Forums! It is not possible to change the calories that you burn per minute on each exercise. Fitbit uses your personal information to calculates that amount of calories that you'll burn with each activity. The amount of calories burn per minute might change but you can't change it by yourself. That is something that the system will give to you based on the intensity of your workouts. However, if you'd like to, I urge you to go to our Feature Suggestions board and post that idea there, so other users can see it, vote for it and maybe our team will take it into consideration. 😉 

Let me know if you have further questions! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

The biking calories really don't seem to be correct. Last week I rode my bike for 1 hour (22 km). Fitbit says I burnt 156 calories. An other app says I burnt 758 calories. When I compare 1 hour of biking to a 15 minute walk, the biking calories really don't make sense.

Best Answer