Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in sleep data with latest update are terrible!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What is with the changes to the sleep data provided?  I can no longer see what my sleep efficiency was for the night, nor am I given the number of times awake and number of times restless, just an overall number.  Since when is giving LESS information considered an upgrade?  One of the primary reasons I use the flex is specifically to track this information and now it's gone and I'm only given a stupid graphic that doesn't provide me with any significant information.

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

I thoroughly agree with the above comment. I know when I went to bed and when I woke up. I wear the flex for sleep efficiency. Please bring back. 

Best Answer

The new sleep data is horrible--no update, go back to the previous info.  This new one is off no use.

Best Answer

I get all the same data EXCEPT it does not allow me to obtain the breakdown by hour.  It is important for me to know how long I sleep at a stretch.  I used to be able to tap on any band of restless or awake time and it would give me the specific time.  I would then tap on the next band and again obtain the specific time so I would know how long at a stretch I actually slept.  Very important for tracking restful sleep.

Best Answer

same here. I like seeing the percentage and data in the old format.

Best Answer

Yes!! Bring back the old format! I like to see my sleep patterns & the actual time when I wake up in the middle of the night.

Best Answer

And now yesterday it had me sleeping from 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.  Actually, I'm pretty sure I was either washing windows or ironing in that timeframe - most definitely not sleeping!  This 'update' to the sleep tracking is ridiculous!

Best Answer

Yes, I have had the same issue.  I might be sitting at a seminar or something but can't believe I never moved to where it thought I was sleeping!

Best Answer

I agree. This new format is IN YOUR FACE and provides less info than the previous format. Although I can see my sleep pattern I no longer know what times of the night I was awake so that I can figure out what's keeping me awake. Also, my percentage of sleep is important information for me and my doctor. The new format does me no good whatsoever.

Best Answer

I don't like the change that has been done to the sleep data. The other way was easier to follow, the times awake, the times restless and so on. Now it won't let me log my sleep, 1:00 am to 8:30 am, it tells me it is invalid.

Best Answer

The one thing that I do like about the updated app is the little hints about sleep that it gives me.  I accidentally logged some exercise for 8:45pm rather than am, and it picked up on that and gave me a hint not to exercise so late.  Those things are helpful.  It has given me other good hints regarding sleep as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree absolutely with this comment. In fact, when discussing my fitbit with friends who do not have one, the sleep efficiency pattern is one of the biggest stories that I tell.  New update is more or less useless as a substitute for what was a great feature. We are left to wonder why such a change was made and while company purposes are probably behind this, no good reason for the users seem to be forthcoming.

Best Answer

I purchased my fitbit primarily to track my sleep patterns and completely agree.  Haven't the developers heard the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Please restore the times when the graph is tapped.

Best Answer

Absolutely agree with the entire post. The most important feature to me is the sleep efficiency and associated data. I was even considering upgrading to one that includes sleep phases. If the efficiency number is gone I will have to consider another brand of monitor. 

Best Answer

OMG, all the data I depend on has been stripped from the dashbourd.  I have had my Flex for two years and was able to mine the  complete sleep data captured to track progress with my Sleep disorder.  Now I only get a picture of a chart that has no data available.  I am very disappointing and unless it is changed back, I have no reason to continue wearing my Flex.  

Best Answer

I agree!  I primarily use my fitbit to track my sleep to see when I am awaking and how long I am staying awake.  It no longer displays this information.  Please bring the old sleep tracking with detailed awake times back.

Best Answer

Very disappointing Was hoping it was some kind of error occurring and that it would be rectified From the comments in this forum the sleep details are of use to many Mine will be sitting in a draw soon because the sleep patterns were of interest Might try another brand that don't mess with one of the most popular feature of the band

Best Answer

Totally agree!! The main reason I have the flex is to monitor my sleep, and it's now impossible. I also have to log in from scratch every time I want to see more detail (and that is ridiculous - a huge graph like something from about 1987, that doesn't actually tell me anything). Is anybody from Fitbit listening here? Please change it back to how it was - I used to be able to see exactly what times I was awake and restless, and how long for, with just one or two clicks. Your comment about less information being given yet considered an upgrade is spot on. I wouldn't mind quite so much if I'd requested the "upgrade", but it just happened. Rubbish.

Best Answer

You not not wrong about the rigmarole with trying to get sleep information Who's got time for all this rubbish  

Best Answer

A few days ago after the change I was able to single click on the sleep tile in dashboard and get extra information / easy access to extra information, now I cannot .. so, just wondering, any other users out there able to click on the tile to get extra info, if so are you a "premium" user???

PS Fitbit... change to the sleep data is utter karp

Best Answer